Atari and the ICD SCSI Controller, will it work?

Atari and the ICD SCSI Controller, will it work?

Post by Volker A. Bran » Sat, 08 Dec 1990 04:53:45

Hello,

Quote:>the question arose, whether Minix 1.5.10 will work with the ICD SCSI
>Host Adaptor. I remember something with the ICD clock on this controller,
>which works as a device #6. So I think everything would be o.k. with it.
>Do I have to recompile or would it run out of the box?

Minix ST 1.1 runs out of the box if you stick to the first four 'normal'
partitions on the disk, and don't use the 'extended Supra-style' partitions.

SUPPOSEDLY, Minix ST 1.5 will use the higher partitions.  Unfortunately, I am
unable to verify this, since 1.5 doesn't like my Minix partitions -- they were
created with the GNUKernel 1.1.  Either I made a mistake recompiling 1.5 or it
simply doesn't work.

The clock on SCSI unit #6 doesn't hurt -- in fact there is a program that reads
it during startup, thus setting always the correct date.

Hope this helps some.

UUCP:    ...!unido!DBNRHRZ1.bitnet!unm409             Angewandte Mathematik

Post by Pierre Fort » Sun, 09 Dec 1990 04:41:04

> Hello,

> >the question arose, whether Minix 1.5.10 will work with the ICD SCSI
> >Host Adaptor. I remember something with the ICD clock on this controller,
> >which works as a device #6. So I think everything would be o.k. with it.
> >Do I have to recompile or would it run out of the box?

> Minix ST 1.1 runs out of the box if you stick to the first four 'normal'
> partitions on the disk, and don't use the 'extended Supra-style' partitions.

> SUPPOSEDLY, Minix ST 1.5 will use the higher partitions.  Unfortunately, I am
> unable to verify this, since 1.5 doesn't like my Minix partitions -- they were
> created with the GNUKernel 1.1.  Either I made a mistake recompiling 1.5 or it
> simply doesn't work.

I am running PH ST1.5 "out of the box" with an ICD HA; no problems yet...

Quote:> The clock on SCSI unit #6 doesn't hurt -- in fact there is a program that reads
> it during startup, thus setting always the correct date.

I use the megartc program, I have never tried the ICD clock, so I can't comment
on this.

Pierre Fortin       Bell-Northern Research     I know, my postings are
Internet Systems    P.O.Box 3511, Stn C        terse and humourless. So?
(613)763-2598       Ottawa, Ontario            RIP: aptly named protocol

1. Atari and the ICD SCSI Controller, will it work?

Hi,

the question arose, whether Minix 1.5.10 will work with the ICD SCSI
Host Adaptor. I remember something with the ICD clock on this controller,
which works as a device #6. So I think everything would be o.k. with it.
Do I have to recompile or would it run out of the box?

CU Carsten.

unido!imdm.uke.uni-hamburg.dbp.de!schiers

2. SelectNodes

3. Atari Demo v1.5 & ICD SCSI Adapter

4. More proof that OS/2 is Dead;) was (Re: **** OS/2 Software Developers Wanted ****)

5. ICD Host Adaptor/Atari ST RTC

6. STFM modulator

7. Correction: Re: ICD-9 vs ICD-9-CM

8. NEC superscript 870

9. SCSI Controllers that work with UMAX S-12

10. Will Adaptec 1542 *A* SCSI Controller Work?

11. Does the Asus NCR875 SCSI-controller work with NT 4.0??

12. Problem: ICD Hostad + Quantum SCSI (MINIX ST)

13. trying to install mustek-scsi-scanner at third-party scsi-controller