HELP! - Broken 1.2 /usr disk

Post by ICS.TEST/PN=_TEST_GR.. » Sat, 13 Jan 1990 06:31:00

I have had the great misfortune to have destroyed my working 1.2 /usr
disk when I was copying things to a new 4.3 BSD-like fs.   I have also
lost my back-up copies of everything, and am thus stuck without
(among other things) the ACK C-compiler, asld, and the libraries.

I would be forever grateful to anyone who could help me recover from this
terrible situation, either by helping me replace my 1.2 /usr disk or
letting me copy a more recent Minix.

A disk copy done somewhere in Toronto would be super, though I can make
arrangements to FTP anything that might help, or snatch something some other
way.

---
S.Doran
pp ICS TEST GROUP
X400: <C=CA;ADMD=TELECOM.CANADA;O=ENVOY_100;OU=ICS.USER.GROUP;S=TEST_GROUP;
       G=ICS>

         (ATTMAIL rejects anything grossly non-RFC 822, especially things
          with more than one % in the From:, From_ or To: lines)

UUCP: {uunet,decuac,linus,utgpu,gargoyle}!att!attmail!mhs!envoy!ICS.TEST
      utzoo!utzbee!sdoran

1. Help: DIsk Compress 1.2 GB .dbf?

Your expert and urgent help will be greatly appreciated.

I have a 1.25 gig drive on a DOS based system, and have to do some
work with a 1.2 gig .dbf file.  I can get it to fit on the disk,
obviously, but there is no room left over for any indexing or genral
workspace.  I want to create a compressed drive and to copy the .dbf
file into it, and then work with that file.  I know that it compresses
very well, because pkzip compresses it to 80k.  I've tried DRVSPACE
and it only allows one to work with files smaller than 520MB.

Can anyone advise me if this is possible.  Many thanks in advance.

2. CAT 8500

3. Mapobjects 1.2 /Addrelate and ODBC broken

4. Name this game, please

5. /usr/etc/disk: "unknown disk name"

6. Question: deleting files

7. question on whether to /usr/etc/disk -i or /bin/rm -fr an Optical Disk

8. NIS2003 and privacy info

9. Step by step upgrading MINIX 1.1 -> 1.2 ; 1.2 -> 1.3

10. Step by step updating MINIX 1.1 -> 1.2 1.2 -> 1.3

11. Optical drive cleaning & 1.2 GB MO disk usable in NeXT Optical drive?

12. Toshiba MK 538 (1.2 GB hard disk) good choice ?

13. 1.2 Gigabyte disk drives for NeXTStations