DOS lovers versus Non-DOS-Lovers (was: Dosread.c)

DOS lovers versus Non-DOS-Lovers (was: Dosread.c)

Post by John Na » Tue, 02 Oct 1990 02:05:00

Quote:>  Enough of this religious war about dosread.c

Amen!  The crazies are starting to emerge from the woodwork.  Lets move
this to some other forum.

Quote:>  Am I the only one having a dosread failure?

Nope.  I had exactly the same failure as you reported.  It is failing when
a humungous number gets passed to lseek.  This is on an 80 MB disk, with the
first 32K devoted to DOS (that word again!  Hey, I like it, and I outdate most
of you guys, having cut my teeth on a Digital Group System with a Phi-Deck for
mass storage.  Ever heard of it?  I thought not!)  At any rate, I'm gonna let
it ride until Andy gets 1.4b out, then will figure it out....

Peace

Computer Science Department            Florida State University
    "Today, a Moon Moth -- tomorrow, a Sea Dragon Conquerer!!"

DOS lovers versus Non-DOS-Lovers (was: Dosread.c)

Post by Marcus S. Lew » Tue, 02 Oct 1990 01:08:00

Quote:> of you guys, having cut my teeth on a Digital Group System with a Phi-Deck for
> mass storage.  Ever heard of it?  I thought not!)  At any rate, I'm gonna let

HA to you!  I cut mine on a Poly-88 with a 300-baud cassette.  We DREAMED about
Phi-Deck systems.  Gee that sounds like Monty Python.

Yes, I like MS-DOS too.  And I'm trapped in an office full of Mac freaks.

                   preferred machine->|  UUCP:     uunet!btni!unocss!mlewis