(NOVICE) Client that connect Remote CORBA Server

(NOVICE) Client that connect Remote CORBA Server

Post by Raffaele Sedd » Thu, 02 Aug 2001 18:35:25

Hello,
I've this problem:
I've a machine where I've install a IONA Corba,
In this machine I've develop a client that take an
CORBA object from an another machine, to do
this I've write this code:

char * IOR[4096];

/* Take from Remote Server the IOR of the Session
object (via FTP) */
IOR = take_IOR()

/* Convert IOR to CORBA object */
CORBA::Object var obj = CORBA::string_to_object(ior);

/* Narrow down the object reference to the real IDL object */
Session::Sess sess_obj = Session::Sess::_narrow(obj);

/* Exec the login */
login = sess_obj->login(user,pass,"192.192.192.192");

when I execute the login the program go to Segment fault,
and I've not understand why.
We can help me?

(NOVICE) Client that connect Remote CORBA Server

Post by Bill Lloy » Fri, 03 Aug 2001 01:30:22

Hi Raffaele,

It's likely you are getting a CORBA exception on the call for some reason
(there can be lots of them).

Are you catching the exception?  Uncaught exceptions make applications dump
core -- so you should be catching them.  Is all your code enclosed within a
try block?  See the demos which come with Orbix for examples of this.

Cheers,

-Bill

Quote:> Hello,
> I've this problem:
> I've a machine where I've install a IONA Corba,
> In this machine I've develop a client that take an
> CORBA object from an another machine, to do
> this I've write this code:

> char * IOR[4096];

> /* Take from Remote Server the IOR of the Session
> object (via FTP) */
> IOR = take_IOR()

> /* Convert IOR to CORBA object */
> CORBA::Object var obj = CORBA::string_to_object(ior);

> /* Narrow down the object reference to the real IDL object */
> Session::Sess sess_obj = Session::Sess::_narrow(obj);

> /* Exec the login */
> login = sess_obj->login(user,pass,"192.192.192.192");

> when I execute the login the program go to Segment fault,
> and I've not understand why.
> We can help me?

1. Connecting a CORBA Client to a CORBA Server on a different network.

Hi...

I'm running a JAVA/CORBA server on a production machine using IBM AIX
operating system and I want to connect to the JAVA/CORBA server on that
machine from a JAVA/CORBA client on a machine running Windows NT from a
different location.

Can someone tell me how to accomplish this?

Thanx in advance.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

2. 'snd ' sampling rate

3. Connecting Corba Client on NT computer to Corba Server on same compter

4. Device Drivers inOt MSC C600

5. Connecting to a remote CORBA server (using IP address)

6. Warp4-and-HPFS386

7. Pointers required on how to connecting java corba server from C++ client

8. Test

9. Connecting java corba server from C++ client

10. Delphi client with Visibroker connecting with CORBA Server build with TUXEDO

11. What ORB to use with VC6 client to connect to Sun JDK 1.3 CORBA server?

12. MICO Client connecting to Java CORBA server?

13. How to point CORBA client at my remote server?