NameService in VB and C++ Builder

Post by St.Lut » Wed, 14 Mar 2001 16:54:49

Hi,

I have some question on Name Service:

1.How can I get the root Naming Context ? While I start my clinet
application with follow command:

myclient -ORBInitRef NameService=corbaloc::localhost\NameService

and run the code in my program(C++ Builder 5):

 CORBA::Object_var obj=orb->resolve_initial_references("NameService");

it raise the CORBA::INV_OBJREF Ecexption , why? (I already start the
nameserv in the same pc.)

2.In VBroker, nameserv can specify the configuration file name. How to
initialize the configuration file?

Thanks,

Best regards,

Post by Duncan Grisb » Wed, 14 Mar 2001 18:44:12

>myclient -ORBInitRef NameService=corbaloc::localhost\NameService

>and run the code in my program(C++ Builder 5):

> CORBA::Object_var obj=orb->resolve_initial_references("NameService");

>it raise the CORBA::INV_OBJREF Ecexption , why? (I already start the
>nameserv in the same pc.)

Assuming Visibroker implements the INS specification properly, that
backslash should be a forward slash. Try

  myclient -ORBInitRef NameService=corbaloc::localhost/NameService

Quote:>2.In VBroker, nameserv can specify the configuration file name. How to
>initialize the configuration file?

No idea about that one.

Cheers,

Duncan.

--
 -- Duncan Grisby  \  Research Engineer  --
  -- AT&T Laboratories Cambridge          --

1. VB vs Power Builder vs C++

       A friend asked me the following question which I said I would
post for him.   If one  were designing a  commercial C/S application
from scratch with programmers with some C knowledge (but no C++) and
no Windows API knowledge,  what would be the  opinion of the NET  on
the following approaches:

1. Borland C++ using OWL to encapsulate the Windows API and some GUI
library like ZAPP. Calls to the DB engine using SQL or even some
proprietary API.

2. Visual Basic and a number of custom controls.

3. Power Builder.

4. Other choices.

The server is probably going to be Oracle. Should one use ODBC (or
IDAPI even) so that there is some platform independence? It would be
nice not to lock the potential customers into one platform.

Thanks.

+======================================================+
|  Laurence Chiu            | Walnut Creek, California |

+======================================================+

2. My Final 1999 Costco Report

3. Visibroker for Visual C++ and Borland C++ Builder

4. Courier v.34 flash upgrade

5. C++ Builder with Visigenic C++ - Cobra

6. modem power supply

7. MS Visual C++ or Borland C++ Builder before DDK instalation?

8. FAST CA$H NOW!!!

9. No Nameservice in resolve_initial_references ("NameService")

10. using VisiBroker4.x NameService and ORBacus NameService together?

11. REPOST: URL required byJava Client to talk to omniORB C++ Server with NameService

12. URL required byJava Client to talk to omniORB C++ Server with NameService

13. Building add-ins for FS98/2000 using VB?