org.omg.CORBA.COMM_FAILURE: vmcid: SUN minor code: 201 completed: No

org.omg.CORBA.COMM_FAILURE: vmcid: SUN minor code: 201 completed: No

Post by T » Thu, 19 Sep 2002 11:20:50

I have this application running on Tomcat under jdk 1.4.1 and the
exact same configuration runs in my office on 3 different computers
under os390, win2k and linux, so I know that the application is not
right.

But when I tried to run the same application at home (using the same
zipped file that I used to install on the other machines) it does not
run.

any ideas? My guess is that at home i dont have a static IP address
whereas at work I do.

An expanded error text is

org.omg.CORBA.COMM_FAILURE:   vmcid: SUN  minor code: 201  completed:
No
        at com.sun.corba.se.internal.iiop.ConnectionTable.getConnection(Connecti
onTable.java:173)
        at com.sun.corba.se.internal.iiop.ConnectionTable.getConnection(Connecti
onTable.java:65)
        at com.sun.corba.se.internal.iiop.GIOPImpl.getConnection(GIOPImpl.java:6
7)
        at com.sun.corba.se.internal.corba.ClientDelegate.createRequest(ClientDe
legate.java:644)
        at com.sun.corba.se.internal.corba.ClientDelegate.createRequest(ClientDe
legate.java:586)
        at com.sun.corba.se.internal.corba.ClientDelegate.request(ClientDelegate
.java:878)
        at org.omg.CORBA.portable.ObjectImpl._request(ObjectImpl.java:431)

Please help me out.

Thanks in advance.

TP.

1. Response to: org.omg.CORBA.COMM_FAILURE: vmcid: SUN minor code: 201

Hello,

I am responding to your problem below.

You cannot just zipped the files, you have to let either the tnameserv
or orbd regenerate the new orb.db stuff!. I hope you already figured
out the problem by now.

Good luck,
BlueW510.

Newsgroups: comp.object.corba
Subject: org.omg.CORBA.COMM_FAILURE:   vmcid: SUN  minor code: 201
completed: No
Date: 17 Sep 2002 19:20:50 -0700

02:20:50 GMT)

[...]

2. Easter Eeggs??

3. URGENT HELP NEEDED RE: org.omg.CORBA.COMM_FAILURE minor code:1 completed: NO

4. Toward a Science of Consciousness 1996

5. org.omg.CORBA.COMM_FAILURE: minor code: 1 completed: No

6. Info about emb. trade fare stuttgart?

7. org.omg.CORBA.MARSHAL: minor code: 0 completed: No

8. WebClient.UploadFile()

9. ORBacus: org.omg.CORBA.COMM_FAILURE

10. org.omg.CORBA.COMM_FAILURE

11. Servlet causing org.omg.CORBA.COMM_FAILURE

12. .org.omg.CORBA.COMM_FAILURE: