CORBA server

Post by Bruc » Sun, 01 Jul 2001 12:55:13

Hi Group,

I had seen in the past from these postings that somebody mentioned we
could write the CORBA servers in Visual Basic. I'm not familiar with
the products that can support in VB. I am looking for the products,
how best they can handle the CORBA servers, its functionality, and
etc.

Could anyone please point me to the right direction?

Thx a lot.

Bruce

CORBA server

Post by MM » Sun, 01 Jul 2001 20:12:29

Hi Bruce,

I don't think there is a ORB Implementation for VB, but you may use a
COM-CORBA bridge, for example: COMet from IONA http://www.iona.com

Regards,
Mouloud.

Quote:> Hi Group,

> I had seen in the past from these postings that somebody mentioned we
> could write the CORBA servers in Visual Basic. I'm not familiar with
> the products that can support in VB. I am looking for the products,
> how best they can handle the CORBA servers, its functionality, and
> etc.

> Could anyone please point me to the right direction?

> Thx a lot.

> Bruce

CORBA server

Post by Thorsten Roskowet » Sun, 01 Jul 2001 23:14:41

Quote:> Could anyone please point me to the right direction?

Try VBOrb: http://home.t-online.de/home/Martin.Both/vborb.html

Cheers,

Thorsten

1. Launching a CORBA server from another CORBA server using Orbix

Hi,
    I am currently developing a load balancing and fault tolerance
architecture using Orbix in WINNT 4.0.
  Simulation of the problem
 ---------------------------
 A and B are 2 CORBA servers with name "A" and "B" respectively. I need
to launch the server B from server A ( e.g by invoking the windows API
CreateProcess ). B is registered with the orbix daemon via putit
command. But A is an unregistered server.
      When A is invoked separately everything goes fine. But when a is
invoked within B( CreateProcess ) a CORBA::Exception is thrown.
      The exception says that it expects the server name "B" in
the "impl_is_ready" call in the server A i.e. implementation of Orbix
is not able to understand that A is a separate process that has been
invoked by B. So it is expecting the name of the server B in A's
implementation ( impl_is_ready ) leading to a conflict in the server
names
                 I have carried out lots of research and development on
this issue and still not able to find out a solution. Please help me out
                                Rajrishi Roy
                                Ushacomm India Ltd.
                                India

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

2. Cat 2900xl has a hosed console port

3. Corba newbie: corba server in dll/lib

4. Nino Clip on Modem

5. How to uniquely identify CORBA client in CORBA server

6. ORA-12500: TNS:listener failed ...

7. Non-CORBA Clients of CORBA Servers?

8. REQ: Sibelius 2

9. Java/CORBA Client & C++/CORBA server

10. Connecting a CORBA Client to a CORBA Server on a different network.

11. Accessing Orbix or VisiBroker-based CORBA Server from a WLE-based CORBA client

12. Connecting Corba Client on NT computer to Corba Server on same compter

13. Java CORBA server => server object GC?