org.omg.CORBA.UNKNOWN: remote exception - Unknown error

org.omg.CORBA.UNKNOWN: remote exception - Unknown error

Post by Mike Bresnah » Wed, 03 Mar 1999 04:00:00

I'm having this same problem.  However, I have placed a try block around my
server code and am not catching any exceptions.  My server code looks like
this:

public boolean  retrieve_next_n_elements( int n, DataSequenceHolder result,
BooleanHolder more) {
    try {
        //...
    }
    catch( Throwable ex) {
        System.out.println("vzcxvxzcv");
        ex.printStackTrace();
    }
     return false;

Quote:}

I also tried stepping outside my code using jdb (the code after the above code
returns).  I was able to follow it to:

IE.Iona.OrbixWeb.CORBA.ServerRequest.convertToReply (pc 11)

but then jdb crashed.

Could there be a bug in OrbixWeb?

BTW, I am using Iona OrbixWeb 3.04 with HP's JDK 1.1.5 on HPUX 10.20.

MikeB

----

Post by Stephen Crawl » Fri, 12 Mar 1999 04:00:00

>I'm having this same problem.  However, I have placed a try block around my
>server code and am not catching any exceptions.  My server code looks like
>this:

>public boolean  retrieve_next_n_elements( int n, DataSequenceHolder result,
>BooleanHolder more) {
>    try {
>        //...
>    }
>    catch( Throwable ex) {
>        System.out.println("vzcxvxzcv");
>        ex.printStackTrace();
>    }
>     return false;
>}

>I also tried stepping outside my code using jdb (the code after the above code
>returns).  I was able to follow it to:

>IE.Iona.OrbixWeb.CORBA.ServerRequest.convertToReply (pc 11)

>but then jdb crashed.

>Could there be a bug in OrbixWeb?

Possible.

But I wouldn't eliminate the possibility of a bug in your code just yet.
In particular, I'd be suspicious of the possibility that you have not
inserted a valid value into the 'result' holder.

  1) Have you created a Java array of the appropriate size?

  2) Have you initialized all elements of the array to a non null value?

  3) Have you inserted it into the 'result' holder object.  [Note you
     should NOT be creating a new DataSequenceHolder object ... as I've
     seen someone try to do ...]

-- Steve

org.omg.CORBA.UNKNOWN: remote exception - Unknown error

Post by Mike Bresnah » Mon, 15 Mar 1999 04:00:00

Quote:> >Could there be a bug in OrbixWeb?

> Possible.

> But I wouldn't eliminate the possibility of a bug in your code just yet.
> In particular, I'd be suspicious of the possibility that you have not
> inserted a valid value into the 'result' holder.

>   1) Have you created a Java array of the appropriate size?

>   2) Have you initialized all elements of the array to a non null value?

BINGO!

Quote:

>   3) Have you inserted it into the 'result' holder object.  [Note you
>      should NOT be creating a new DataSequenceHolder object ... as I've
>      seen someone try to do ...

Sorry, I tracked down my problem some time ago, but forgot to post my resolution.
I was not initializing all members of the sequence I was returning.  The code
worked fine when I was making direct local calls to the implementation class, but
failed when split into a separate client and server.  I'm assuming this behavior is
documented in the CORBA spec, but I haven't looked for it.

MikeB

1. org::omg::Corba::UnKnown Exception

Hi All,

I am trying to create an Object from IOR in my client, which is done
succesfully. But when i try to make any call on this Object it thrown
CORBA::UNKNOWN exception.
If i try to do the same in my server code it works! I mean i repeat the same
steps i.e.
1.Convert to object from IOR
2. Make a function call

I have checked Henning and Vinoski's book and it says this is raised when
there is exception mismatch in implementation and calling code or if CORBA
versions are different. Obviously its not the second.

Any help is appreciated.
Rohit

2. Error Messages

3. strange corba marshal error org.omg.CORBA.MARSHAL

4. Samba 2.2.5 connection problem

5. Exception caught org.omg.CORBA.ORBPackage.InvalidName

6. Teaching Manual for Intro to Autocad 14

7. Strange Exception: org.omg.CORBA.INTF_REPOS

8. Orbix and Object Collection Service

9. org.omg.CORBA.ORBPackage.InvalidName ERROR

10. Error, (in unknown) unknown uses a 2nd argument, c (of type string), which is missing

11. org.omg or omg.org, interoperability between orbix and visibroker

12. org.omg.CORBA.NO_PERMISSION exception