PSS implementation AND TAO

Post by F » Tue, 01 Jul 2003 18:13:38

Hello!

Can someone provide me with any information about the status of the
Persistent State Service implementation for TAO?
Our company is very interested in using TAO for a major project, but
TAO doesn't provide an implementation of the OMG's Perisitent State
Service specification.

We are also evaluating the possibility to buy a Corba PSS from any
vendor and combine it with TAO.
Is there a TAO compatible and complete CosPSS implementation?

Thanks in advance
Frank

PSS implementation AND TAO

Post by Douglas C. Schmi » Tue, 01 Jul 2003 23:17:55

Hi Frank,

Quote:>> Can someone provide me with any information about the status of the
>> Persistent State Service implementation for TAO?  Our company is
>> very interested in using TAO for a major project, but TAO doesn't
>> provide an implementation of the OMG's Perisitent State Service
>> specification.

Actually, it does provide an implementation of portions of PSS.
Please see

http://www.cs.wustl.edu/~schmidt/ACE_wrappers/TAO/docs/releasenotes/P...

Quote:>> We are also evaluating the possibility to buy a Corba PSS from any
>> vendor and combine it with TAO.  Is there a TAO compatible and
>> complete CosPSS implementation?

more info on TAO's PSS.

Thanks,

        Doug
--
Dr. Douglas C. Schmidt, Professor           TEL: (615) 343-8197
Electrical Engineering and Computer Science FAX: (615) 343-7440

PSS implementation AND TAO

Post by Anan » Fri, 04 Jul 2003 01:11:58

Hi Frank,

You may like to have a look at K2PSS.
http://www.icmgworld.com/corp/Developer/dev.pss.asp

The K2 Persistent State Service (PSS) is a fully compliant
implementation
of OMG's specification for Persistent State Service. It presents
persistent
information as storage objects stored in storage homes which themselves
are stored in datastores, an entity that manages data, for example a
database,
a set of files, a schema in a relational database.

Pls note that K2 is an Application Server based on CCM. K2 provides
container managed persistence using K2 Persistent State Service(K2 PSS).

You can download K2 from http://www.iCMGworld.com/ and try out K2PSS &
CMP.

Feel free to contact me if you need any help from me.

thanks
Anand

> Hello!

> Can someone provide me with any information about the status of the
> Persistent State Service implementation for TAO?
> Our company is very interested in using TAO for a major project, but
> TAO doesn't provide an implementation of the OMG's Perisitent State
> Service specification.

> We are also evaluating the possibility to buy a Corba PSS from any
> vendor and combine it with TAO.
> Is there a TAO compatible and complete CosPSS implementation?

> Thanks in advance
> Frank

1. TAO question, having problem using Implementation Repository service

Here are my commands and outputs:

Implementation Repository: Multicast Handler enabled.

/root/cobra_pkg/cobra3 -c "./myserver -ORBUseIMR 1 -ORBobj
refstyle URL -ORBInitRef ImplRepoService=file://implrepo.ior"

imr locator narrowed
(3236|1024) EXCEPTION, Adding server
system exception, ID 'IDL:omg.org/CORBA/UNKNOWN:1.0'
TAO exception, minor code = 0 (unknown location; unspecified errno),
completed = NO

Don't understand the error message when I attempted to register my server
(./myserver) to
impl-Repo services. Any idea?? Please reply me with e-mail

stephen

2. Great Falcon 030 game!!! <--------check this out!

3. Tao Name Service with Implementation Repository

4. Ghost and NTFS, How? Newbie

5. Orbix-TAO; Orbix client unable to _narrow to TAO server provided IOR

6. How to start another process...

7. Please Help - HP Scanjet 4c ands NT

8. How to put different layers in an order?

9. HTML ==> PS ==> PDF not working with ps-driver from Adobe

10. Print to ps file, no ps printer or AppleTalk

11. How can I make a .ps file w/o a ps printer.

12. Acrobat 4.0 - can no longer send PS files to \DISTASST.PS

13. .prn ps cannot get print to .ps