1. CORBA, JAVA IDL, JAVA CORBA immaturity, badly need help !!
Can anyone help to show a simple examples for java corba client server
I've tried the one provided from java.sun.com at
I've tested that and that seems to be working fine only on just local
I mean I can have it compiled and run without problems with the client
communicate with the server in just 1 local system. I've tested it
at windows 95 (jdk1.3.1_01) and Redhat linux 6.1, and windows 98
and Sun Solaris (jdk1.2.2). The examples can work fine in just 1 system,
but if I put the client in 1 and server in any other machine mentioned
the above jre, I get NONE OF THEM WORK with client to communicate with
None of them can work to communicate with other machine.
I've also tried to install ORBit and OmniORB and just the simailar
was obtained. Client and server program can work and communicate with
the programs put on the same machine, but they can't communicate with
othere with server program on 1 machine, and client program put on
That really make me feel that CORBA is actually very immature.
Corba is for developer to program with different computer languages in
objects, and have the objects to communiate. But I've tried 3 different
packages JAVA, ORBit and omniORB and they just can't communicate with
each other even though they are just working in 1 package with the same
computer language (java with java, and c with c in OmniORB and ORBit).
Any one can help and have some suggestions/corrections on me ??
Any comments are much appreciable.
Thanks 1000 times !!
2. How Good Are Mitsubishi Made CD-R Discs
3. Job - QA Engineers (CORBA, Visual Basic, Java-API, Network Appl) - TIBCO, Software, Inc. - Palo Alto, Ca.
4. ANN: Fortune 500 Top Ten Website Comparison
5. CORBA Management API from Lumos (Corbaman)?
6. <% If Trim(rsProdDetail("prodrelatedBooks1")) = "%A_%" Then %>
7. CAD/CAM application development API using CORBA?
8. Can't Install my Hard Drive
9. API for org.omg.CORBA java classes
10. *****ny/nj/conn-java/corba/api/cgi/nt/ole- web developers-wanted*********
11. Does Java IDL (as of JDK 1.1, currently alpha) use CORBA 2.0 API?
12. CORBA to general API extension