Legacy systems integration

Post by Olive » Mon, 03 Mar 1997 04:00:00

Hi everybody,

I would like to initate a thread about the integration of legacy systems
based on IBM MVS CICS / IMS for example on a bistributed architecture:

- the way we do this integration
  - retro-conception of applications under the object form (OMT)
  - encapsulation project (conception and development)
- performances
  - benches
  - cases study
- security
  - what about confidentiality, integrity and availability ?
- etc.

thanks. Olivier.

Legacy systems integration

Post by Billy Newpor » Mon, 03 Mar 1997 04:00:00

I think Visigenic have just done a deal with IBM to provide this sort of
thing. You can get more info at the web site.

--
We are just about to wrap up a small application which uses
DEC (now BEA) ObjectBrokerto link an IBM MVS with div.

Security: not much available right now (DCE not supported for the OBB
version we are using on MVS)

Bernhard G. Rytz

Legacy systems integration

Post by Thomas John Zei » Thu, 06 Mar 1997 04:00:00

: Hi everybody,
:
: I would like to initate a thread about the integration of legacy systems
: based on IBM MVS CICS / IMS for example on a bistributed architecture:
:
: - the way we do this integration
:   - retro-conception of applications under the object form (OMT)
:   - encapsulation project (conception and development)
: - performances
:   - benches
:   - cases study
: - security
:   - what about confidentiality, integrity and availability ?
: - etc.
:
: thanks. Olivier.

I read somewhere(I think InfoWorld) that IBM, in its big 1000 Java developer
initiative, is writing some kind of bridge to access some MVS data (via
CICS, and possibly other systems) for Java. If true, and it works well, that
could provide an easy, secure way to get to MVS and integrate with CORBA.

Thomas J. Zeise                         http://www.uwm.edu/~tjzeise
University of Wisconsin--Milwaukee      Rockwell Automation
Management Information Systems          (414)382-5475

1. SYSTEM INTEGRATION ENGINEER(IX, JAVA, Automated Integration, Clearcase, JPython)

System Integration Engineer position located in San Jose, CA.  They are
a large telecommunication company that makes fully customized products
monitor transmission equipment and allow companies to run their
applications are looking for people that would like to meet the
challenges of applying leading edge software development tool.

Responsibilities:
Load builds for the Application, GUI and Frameworks
Groups. Develop test harnesses in JPython to ensure
non-regression Integration tests can be run
automatically after a build is done.  Discuss build
issues with the developers and resolve them.  Will be
working on cutting edge technology utilizing JAVA and
CORBA.

Requirements: ( We have interest in candidates with
these qualifications).

1.   Minimum 2 years UNIX (any kind - Sun, HP, etc.)
2. Minimum 1 year work experienced JAVA programming.
3. Minimum 1 year of writing Automated Integration
test suites.
4. Minimum 1 year work experienced utilizing
ClearCase.

If interested, please contact:

Michael Miles
XXCal, Inc.
2998 S. Bascom Ave. Suite 202
San Jose, CA 95124
Phone (408) 558-0100/ (800) 759-9225
Fax:  (408) 558-0104

HTTP://www.xxcal.com

2. Tricky nentsel problem

3. Legacy code integration...

4. Can Concept import ascii netlists ?

5. WANTED: Technical articles on Load Balancing, DCOM/CORBA integration, Legacy Wrappers, etc.

6. Signaling: (error "Cannot open doc string file \"/usr/lib/xemacs-21.1.12/lib-src/DOC\"")

7. Help : OO-legacy integration

8. Domino error messages

9. Help OO-legacy integration

10. Security system integration with home automation systems

11. What are legacy classes, wat zijn legacy classes?

12. Application Modernization of Legacy System

13. Testing webapplications - legacy systems