Working with sequences in the C mapping

Post by Chris Robert » Tue, 08 Jul 2003 08:27:06

Has anyone written any portable utils for working with sequences with
the CORBA C mapping? I'm looking for something pretty ORB independant,
_append, _remove, etc, etc.

Also, how do people normally use sequences? Do you use your own linked
lists/hashes/arrays in code and convert to/from sequences as and when
needed, or store things in CORBA sequences? How does this affect
performance, and which would be the 'correct' way to do it? I can see
converting from arrays to sequences and back being a huge hit when
working with large sequences.

Cheers,
Chris.

1. mapping ctrl and meta sequences

apologies for posting a question to this over-queried group,
feel free to ignore, if you're feeling good and know the
answer post it. Doesnt seem to be in the faq's, archives ..
or anywhere. I'll try to be specific, because I know it helps
when I have to answer questions.

What I would like to do is to map digraphs to key-combinations,
specifcally the acute characters, eg. .. etc. In particular,
to map them to ctrl-alt-[letter] catpialised as per the current
status of caps lock or shift, so ctrl-alt-a pressed together
results in , ala windows (apparantly, I don't use it). If caplock
is true or if shift is held , it results in . From my understanding
of vim internals , that simply may not be possible.

The rhs is no problem, for it seems clear that the right hand
side of the mapping needs to be:

        <Char-225>

for example:

        map! <F2> <Char-225>

maps the F2 key to the insertion of one , where I'm failing
is on the ctrl-alt mapping. Having tried :

        <MC-a>
        <M-C-a>
        <M-^a>

reading documentation is proving fruitless. In each case
ctrl-alt-a appears to increment the value of any integer
under the cursor.

Any help from any all-knowing vim gurus would be appreciated :o)

class brick { public: static char * const colour = "red"; } ;

2. routing between VLANS with GEIP or PA-GE

3. Allocating memory for buffer in Sequence (C mapping)

4. Excel/VBA FAQ

5. C++ Mapping Of IDL Type Sequence Is Troubling

6. converting time information

7. idl mapping of << typedef sequence<octet> SEQOCTET >>

8. XML and SQL 2000

9. IDL sequence is mapped to Java array?

10. Array & Sequence mapping - CORBA to Automation

11. Orbix2.3: Changes in C++ mapping of IDL sequences ???

12. IDL Mapping for sequence types in JAVA?