Orbix 3.0.1 corba client wants to communicate with VisiBroker 4.5 corba

Orbix 3.0.1 corba client wants to communicate with VisiBroker 4.5 corba

Post by Krish » Fri, 04 Oct 2002 06:10:08

Hi
 Can any body help me to connect existing Orbix 3.0.1 client (
supports only BOA) to VisiBroker 4.5 corba ( POA supports) using IOR's
?

I also tried to using -Dvbroker.orb.embedCodeset=false option when i
start the server.

Thanks in advance

Orbix 3.0.1 corba client wants to communicate with VisiBroker 4.5 corba

Post by The Hors » Sat, 05 Oct 2002 03:23:08

Hi Krishna,
You should be using Orbix 3.0.1 patch 20 or higher - there are several
bugs in the Orbix IIOP implementation prior to this patch.
There are some datatypes which are just not supported by Orbix 3.0.1,
in particular ValueTypes and wide characters and wide strings.

A BOA based client ORB (with a compliant IIOP implementation) should
have no problem talking to a POA based ORB. One of the key principals
of CORBA is that clients need know nothing about the servers
implementation details.
Regards,
--Horse.

>Hi
> Can any body help me to connect existing Orbix 3.0.1 client (
>supports only BOA) to VisiBroker 4.5 corba ( POA supports) using IOR's
>?

>I also tried to using -Dvbroker.orb.embedCodeset=false option when i
>start the server.

>Thanks in advance

1. Accessing Orbix or VisiBroker-based CORBA Server from a WLE-based CORBA client

Hi All, I have a CORBA server provided by a 3rd party.  The CORBA server is
provided in two possilbe configurations: one using Orbix ORB and one using
VisiBroker as an ORB. However, I am using WLE for all other client-server
stuff.

What is the best way for me to access the CORBA server from a WLE application
?

Thanks for any guidance you can provide.

Emil

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

2. help! (newbie)

3. Does Orbix 2000 naming service with a VisiBroker 4.5 client interoperate?

4. How to run MS Visual C++ under OS/2

5. VisiBroker 4.5 / C++Builder 6 / IDL / CORBA

6. comp.lang.objective-c FAQ, part 1/3: Answers

7. Interoperability between Visibroker 4.5 and Orbix

8. Off Subject

9. Visibroker for C++ 4.5 server crash when client is interrupted...

10. Launching a CORBA server from another CORBA server using Orbix

11. Testing Java/Corba App using SilkPerformer 4.5

12. Consultant needed (Corba, Orbix, Visibroker, C++/Java)

13. VISIBROKER/ORBIX incompatibility with CORBA::ANY