JAVA and CORBA... problems...

Post by F Mc » Wed, 23 Jul 2003 23:29:28

Hi...
I'm working on a project and I must create a client/server communication
between a C++ Server and a JAVA Client... I made the Server, and it seems to
work, but I have some troubles with the JAVA client.
I used a standard CORBA Client structure (copied by the Orbacus
documentation).
It's compiled correctly, but when i run it I get an exception and I don't
know how to solve this problem.
The wrong line that throws it is:

orb = org.omg.CORBA.ORB.init(args,props);

and the the exception message is:

org.omg.CORBA.INITIALIZE: can't instantiate default ORB implementation
com.ooc.CORBA.ORB  vmcid: 0x0  minor code: 0  completed: No
        at org.omg.CORBA.ORB.create_impl(ORB.java:297)
        at org.omg.CORBA.ORB.init(ORB.java:336)
        at VRPlan.VRPlan.main(VRPlan.java:62)
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.ooc.CORBA.ORB
        at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:187)
        at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:274)
        at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClassInternal(ClassLoader.java:302)
        at org.omg.CORBA.ORB.create_impl(ORB.java:295)
        ... 2 more

anybody can help me please?
thanks...
Fabio

JAVA and CORBA... problems...

Post by Paul Campbel » Wed, 30 Jul 2003 03:38:24

Because java comes with its own orb you have use a special VM parameter to
load a replacement ORB such as orbacus e.g.

java -Xbootclasspath/p:<path-to-OB.jar>

I'm guessing youve missed this out ?.

Paul C.

> Hi...
> I'm working on a project and I must create a client/server communication
> between a C++ Server and a JAVA Client... I made the Server, and it seems to
> work, but I have some troubles with the JAVA client.
> I used a standard CORBA Client structure (copied by the Orbacus
> documentation).
> It's compiled correctly, but when i run it I get an exception and I don't
> know how to solve this problem.
> The wrong line that throws it is:

> orb = org.omg.CORBA.ORB.init(args,props);

> and the the exception message is:

> org.omg.CORBA.INITIALIZE: can't instantiate default ORB implementation
> com.ooc.CORBA.ORB  vmcid: 0x0  minor code: 0  completed: No
>         at org.omg.CORBA.ORB.create_impl(ORB.java:297)
>         at org.omg.CORBA.ORB.init(ORB.java:336)
>         at VRPlan.VRPlan.main(VRPlan.java:62)
> Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.ooc.CORBA.ORB
>         at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:199)
>         at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:187)
>         at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:289)
>         at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:274)
>         at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:235)
>         at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClassInternal(ClassLoader.java:302)
>         at java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method)
>         at java.lang.Class.forName(Class.java:219)
>         at org.omg.CORBA.ORB.create_impl(ORB.java:295)
>         ... 2 more

> anybody can help me please?
> thanks...
> Fabio

1. CORBA, JAVA IDL, JAVA CORBA immaturity, badly need help !!

Can anyone help to show a simple examples for java corba client server
communication ?

I've tried the one provided from java.sun.com at
http://java.sun.com/docs/books/tutorial/idl/TOC.html

I've tested that and that seems to be working fine only on just local
system.
I mean I can have it compiled and run without problems with the client
communicate with the server in just 1 local system. I've tested it
at windows 95 (jdk1.3.1_01) and Redhat linux 6.1, and windows 98
(jdk1.3.1_01)
and Sun Solaris (jdk1.2.2). The examples can work fine in just 1 system,

but if I put the client in 1 and server in any other machine mentioned
above with
the above jre, I get NONE OF THEM WORK with client to communicate with
server.

None of them can work to communicate with other machine.

I've also tried to install ORBit and OmniORB and just the simailar
result
was obtained. Client and server program can work and communicate with
the programs put on the same machine, but they can't communicate with
each
othere with server program on 1 machine, and client program put on
another
machine.

That really make me feel that CORBA is actually very immature.

Corba is for developer to program with different computer languages in
objects, and have the objects to communiate. But I've tried 3 different
packages JAVA, ORBit and omniORB and they just can't communicate with
each other even though they are just working in 1 package with the same
computer language (java with java, and c with c in OmniORB and ORBit).

Any one can help and have some suggestions/corrections on me ??

Any comments are much appreciable.

Thanks 1000 times !!

gameboy8888

2. 4 SELL: Amiga 4000 at rock bottom Price & other stuff too

3. IE4 and java/corba: java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: java/security/AccessController.doPrivileged

4. microcontroller recommendations

5. Java/CORBA Client & C++/CORBA server

6. CFP: OOPSLA workshop on design patterns for concurrent, parallel, and distributed OO Systems

7. LONDON - Senior CORBA Architect - Front Office Trading - CORBA/C++/Java

8. useful suggestions

9. Please Help - HP Scanjet 4c ands NT

10. Corba 5.2 - BOA - JAVA - problem

11. corba java interace - problem