IDL to Java Mapping for Java Vectors a User Defined Classes

IDL to Java Mapping for Java Vectors a User Defined Classes

Post by Billy Newpor » Wed, 30 Apr 1997 04:00:00

Try using a sequence of anys.

Billy

1. Problem mapping a JAVA-class to IDL ... ;-))

Hello out there !!!

I've got this scenario:

A CORBA-object-implementation representing a datatable. This Data-Table
consists of JDK1.2's LinkedList with some entries. I've got a method
"Search" which positions a internal pointer to one specific entry in
this datatable. Now I want to have a method "Get" which returns a
complete entry of this table. No Problem ?

I may define a struct in IDL containing all data members of one
datatable entry.

e.g.
module A
{

//*************************************************************************/
        //*** struct for transfering data from GDT to LDT

//*************************************************************************/
        struct data_transfer
        {
                string filename;
                string location;
                short classification;
        };

        interface communicate
        {
                data_transfer Get();
        };

But one of my entries in the datatable is again a LinkedList. Here's my
problem. How can I map this Type in IDL ???

e.g.
module B
{

//*************************************************************************/
        //*** struct for transfering data from GDT to LDT

//*************************************************************************/
        struct data_transfer
        {
                LinkedList statuslist;
                ^^^^^^^^^^

                string filename;
                string location;
                short classification;
        };

        interface communicate
        {
                data_transfer Get();
        };

I know that I've got to describe all my interfaces with simple data
types
but how else should I solve this problem ???

Any ideas ???

Michael.

2. NAT on RAS

3. ANNOUNCE: Java Testing Class, Java Testing Tools

4. Iomega Zip/Jazz drive support?

5. IDL-JAVA Method returning Vector

6. Bluetooth Development Team Available

7. Java Vectors and IDL

8. Easy Payroll Advance

9. Vector in Java -> IDL?

10. CORBA, JAVA IDL, JAVA CORBA immaturity, badly need help !!

11. CORBA user-defined exceptions as Java _unchecked_ exceptions?

12. Why don't the CORBA to C++ and Java mappings use abstract base classes more?

13. Mapping Tables to Java Classes -- Products