Java2+Corba+IDLtoJava Problem !

Post by Roullea » Fri, 16 Jul 1999 04:00:00

Hello,
I use Java2 and IDLtojava.
I works on NT and Solaris Platforms.
With NT, all is good but the same code with Solaris makes this error :
"org.omg.CORBA.UNKNOWN:   minor code: 3  completed: No"
Do you have any idea ?
Thanks
Eric
             Eric Roulleau

Post by Pierre 'Pif' Fauve » Sat, 17 Jul 1999 04:00:00

> Hello,
> I use Java2 and IDLtojava.
> I works on NT and Solaris Platforms.
> With NT, all is good but the same code with Solaris makes this error :
> "org.omg.CORBA.UNKNOWN:   minor code: 3  completed: No"

It is the 'typical' CORBA exception.
Unforntunately, it does not help !
I suggest you 'protect' all your server's methods (accessible via CORBA)
by something like :
try
{
Quote:}

catch(Throwable t)
{
    t.printStackTrace();
    Thread.yield();
Quote:}

to get more detailed information.

Java2+Corba+IDLtoJava Problem !

Post by Bruce Blacksha » Sat, 17 Jul 1999 04:00:00

See my post on OrbixWeb & JDK1.2.1. Perhaps this is the same problem?
(i.e. buggy JDK1.2.1 on Solaris)

Bruce Blackshaw
London, UK.

> Hello,
> I use Java2 and IDLtojava.
> I works on NT and Solaris Platforms.
> With NT, all is good but the same code with Solaris makes this error :
> "org.omg.CORBA.UNKNOWN:   minor code: 3  completed: No"
> Do you have any idea ?
> Thanks
> Eric
> --
>              Eric Roulleau

1. OrbixWeb 3.1c Java2 APPLET: how to use -Dorg.omg.CORBA.ORBClass=...?

OrbixWeb3.1c Update 2 release notes state one should use

-Dorg.omg.CORBA.ORBClass=IE.Iona.OrbixWeb.CORBA.ORB
-Dorg.omg.CORBA.ORBSingletonClass=IE.Iona.OrbixWeb.CORBA.singletonORB

to avoid NullPointer exceptions.

Should I use this for client applets as well? And, if yes, how?

Arjan.
__________
Taken from update2\README.html:

The OrbixWeb 3.1 Update 2 runtime includes support for Sun's Java
Development Kit 1.2. Because of the inclusion of ORB classes in the JDK 1.2
runtime, you must pass the following additional arguments to the Java
interpreter when executing OrbixWeb clients and servers:

-Dorg.omg.CORBA.ORBClass=IE.Iona.OrbixWeb.CORBA.ORB
-Dorg.omg.CORBA.ORBSingletonClass=IE.Iona.OrbixWeb.CORBA.singletonORB

This ensures that OrbixWeb ORB is initialized correctly when calling
org.omg.CORBA.ORB.init(). Failure to do so could result in a null pointer
exception in the server mainline. To facilitate this change, the -jdk2
switch has been added to the putit utility. This instructs the daemon to
launch the OrbixWeb server with the above parameters. However, you must
make these changes manually when executing OrbixWeb clients.

2. Where to buy Vx

3. Problem using idltojava from JDK

4. unexpected reboot help!

5. problem about idltojava of Sun

6. freetel question...

7. JavaSoft JavaIDL - idltojava problem

8. Amiga 4000 simms

9. Interoperability: ORB for java2 (jdk 1.2.2) corba 2.0 compliant / ORB for c++ orbix 3.0.1 corba 2.2 compliant

10. CORBA 1 to CORBA 2 migration problem

11. Problem: passing sequences Corba -> OLE Automation (DCOM/Corba-Bridge)

12. java2