Using stub functions in C++

Post by Sanat Tiwa » Sun, 27 Jul 2003 13:27:24

Hi All,
I am new to CORBA ...
I have to access the Remote objects stored in server..
I have the Interfaces of the Objects..stored in Server.
and Generated the stubs of these IDL Interfaces using OMNI ORB
compiler.
Now I want to access these functions of stub.. which will invoke the
objects
on Server...
So how should i proceed.. Is there any special way to invoke the
Server objects.. or just I can create the Objects of stubs and use
them for invoking the server methods..
Please Help me....!!!

Using stub functions in C++

Post by Duncan Grisb » Tue, 29 Jul 2003 18:24:56

Quote:>I am new to CORBA ...

Welcome!

Quote:>I have to access the Remote objects stored in server..  I have the
>Interfaces of the Objects..stored in Server.  and Generated the stubs
>of these IDL Interfaces using OMNI ORB compiler.
>Now I want to access these functions of stub.. which will invoke the
>objects on Server...
>So how should i proceed.. Is there any special way to invoke the
>Server objects.. or just I can create the Objects of stubs and use
>them for invoking the server methods..

You should not really be thinking in terms of stubs and how to create
them. CORBA deals with all those kinds of things for you. You should
work through the examples in the first few chapters of the omniORB
manual. That should get you started.

After that, I'd recommend getting the book "Advanced CORBA Programming
with C++", by Steve Vinoski and some bloke called Michi who doesn't
like CORBA ;-)

Cheers,

Duncan.

--
 -- Duncan Grisby         --

   -- http://www.grisby.org --

Using stub functions in C++

Post by Michi Hennin » Wed, 30 Jul 2003 06:49:47

Quote:

> After that, I'd recommend getting the book "Advanced CORBA Programming
> with C++", by Steve Vinoski and some bloke called Michi who doesn't
> like CORBA ;-)

LOL :-)

Putting aside my opinion on CORBA, I still think that Steve's and my
book is still the best thing going if you want to learn about CORBA ;-)

Cheers,

Michi.
--
Michi Henning              Ph: +61 4 1118-2700
ZeroC, Inc.                http://www.zeroc.com

Using stub functions in C++

Post by Michael Bruckmeie » Sun, 03 Aug 2003 02:14:30

Quote:> Putting aside my opinion on CORBA, I still think that Steve's and my
> book is still the best thing going if you want to learn about CORBA ;-)

It certainly is, due to the fact that all following books only or mostly
cover the java programming language.

Mixi

1. Using user-defined functions as add-ins?

I have programmed several user-defined functions in the vba editor for excel
97. In former excell versions one could compile these and use them as an
add-in, which makes calcultions faster. In excell 97 this feature seems to
have disappeared however. Does someone know how I can do this? The really
dreadful help-function offers no solution except ordering a manual from
microsoft.

Thanks

2. Mode for editing embedded languages

3. mibcomp : get and set function in stub.c

4. Regenerating Calendar

5. Getting a stub reference to a server in C++

6. What Gives?

7. Creating dynamic stubs, Visigenic C++ 3.0 (PUBLIC:)

8. Finger servers

9. Compiler warning in Visibroker C++ stub classes

10. Generating C/C++ stubs from CORBA/IDL

11. mibcomp : get and set function in stub.c

12. Excel 97 - Engineering Functions add-ins

13. Excel 5 - How to use Add-Ins Analysis functions in VBA