Software Services Grid Workshop - Call for Contributions

Software Services Grid Workshop - Call for Contributions

Post by Bob Marc » Sun, 01 Jul 2001 09:26:46

There is going to be a Software Services Grid Workshop held on July
10-11 in conjunction with an OMG meeting near Boston. See the links
below. http://www.omg.org/news/meetings/tc/software_services_grid_workshop.htm
and http://www.roguewave.com/groups/CTO/workshop/. The purpose of the
workshop is to bring together multiple groups interested in modeling
and metadata standards for the next generation of distributed
computing. In addition to the Workshop proceedings, contributed links
and discussions related to the themes of the workshop described below
will also be posted. Let me know if you would to like to submit a
contribution. Thanks.

                        Bob Marcus

Suggested Themes and Questions for the Workshop

* Modeling and metadata standards will be needed for the next
generation of internet computing related to the Grid problem. What are
the new requirements for standards to handle the complexity and
dynamic nature of the Grid problem?

* Current modeling and metadata standards are an initial step in the
right direction. How can we move forward incrementally from the
currently existing standards ?

* Experience has been gathered that can help guide next steps. What
are the lessons that have been learned in building leading edge
products, tools and testbeds that should influence new standards?

* There has to be collaboration to accelerate the producing new
standards . How can groups working on modeling and metadata
standardizations collaborate to speed up the process?
Context: Federated Distributed Computing and Standards
   Three Generations of Distributed Computing Architectures

1. First Generation (Client-Server): TIGHTLY COUPLED - All
participants must be developed and upgraded together. Too rigid and
not scalable.
2. Second Generation ( EAI, Web Applications): LOOSELY COUPLED-
Participants can be totally independent and usually need complex
middleware for coordination. Too flexible, hard to manage.
3. Next Generation: (Web Services, Grid, Semantic Web) FEDERATED -
Autonomous participants cooperatively use standards (e.g.
registration, interface, format) to assist in coordinating
interactions. Simpler middleware is required. Flexible, scalable,
manageable.

One of the purposes of the Workshop is to focus attention on
accelerating the creation of the required standards for large-scale
federated systems.

Software Services Grid Workshop - Call for Contributions

Post by Topmi » Sun, 01 Jul 2001 11:58:24

Do participants have to posess certain viewpoints?

If so, what are the pre-requisite viewpoints?

> There is going to be a Software Services Grid Workshop held on July
> 10-11 in conjunction with an OMG meeting near Boston. See the links
> below. http://www.omg.org/news/meetings/tc/software_services_grid_workshop.htm
> and http://www.roguewave.com/groups/CTO/workshop/. The purpose of the
> workshop is to bring together multiple groups interested in modeling
> and metadata standards for the next generation of distributed
> computing. In addition to the Workshop proceedings, contributed links
> and discussions related to the themes of the workshop described below
> will also be posted. Let me know if you would to like to submit a
> contribution. Thanks.

>                         Bob Marcus

> Suggested Themes and Questions for the Workshop

> * Modeling and metadata standards will be needed for the next
> generation of internet computing related to the Grid problem. What are
> the new requirements for standards to handle the complexity and
> dynamic nature of the Grid problem?

> * Current modeling and metadata standards are an initial step in the
> right direction. How can we move forward incrementally from the
> currently existing standards ?

> * Experience has been gathered that can help guide next steps. What
> are the lessons that have been learned in building leading edge
> products, tools and testbeds that should influence new standards?

> * There has to be collaboration to accelerate the producing new
> standards . How can groups working on modeling and metadata
> standardizations collaborate to speed up the process?
> Context: Federated Distributed Computing and Standards
>    Three Generations of Distributed Computing Architectures

> 1. First Generation (Client-Server): TIGHTLY COUPLED - All
> participants must be developed and upgraded together. Too rigid and
> not scalable.
> 2. Second Generation ( EAI, Web Applications): LOOSELY COUPLED-
> Participants can be totally independent and usually need complex
> middleware for coordination. Too flexible, hard to manage.
> 3. Next Generation: (Web Services, Grid, Semantic Web) FEDERATED -
> Autonomous participants cooperatively use standards (e.g.
> registration, interface, format) to assist in coordinating
> interactions. Simpler middleware is required. Flexible, scalable,
> manageable.

> One of the purposes of the Workshop is to focus attention on
> accelerating the creation of the required standards for large-scale
> federated systems.

-T-

1. Software Services Grid Workshop - Call for Contributions

[...]

2. Copy II Plus to work on my ///?

3. GRID'2000: International Workshop on Grid Computing (wide-are

4. software isn't so user-friendly

5. CFP- GRID'2000: International Workshop on Grid Computing

6. RTG Brightness/Gamma control?

7. Call for papers - Workshop on Parallel I/O in Cluster Computing and Grids (Tokyo, 2003)

8. Theme Generator

9. Call for papers: 10th IEEE INTERNATIONAL WORKSHOP on SOFTWARE SPECIFICATION and DESIGN

10. Call For Papers Workshop on Formal Methods in Software Practice

11. CALL FOR PAPERS - Second Workshop on Industrial Experiences with Systems Software (WIESS '02)

12. : Call for Papers - The Second Workshop on Industrial Experiences with Systems Software (WIESS 2002)