Accessing Orbix or VisiBroker-based CORBA Server from a WLE-based CORBA client

Accessing Orbix or VisiBroker-based CORBA Server from a WLE-based CORBA client

Post by este.. » Wed, 09 Aug 2000 04:00:00

Hi All, I have a CORBA server provided by a 3rd party.  The CORBA server is
provided in two possilbe configurations: one using Orbix ORB and one using
VisiBroker as an ORB. However, I am using WLE for all other client-server
stuff.

What is the best way for me to access the CORBA server from a WLE application
?

Thanks for any guidance you can provide.

Emil

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Accessing Orbix or VisiBroker-based CORBA Server from a WLE-based CORBA client

Post by Paul Powe » Fri, 18 Aug 2000 04:00:00

 Hi Emil,

I'm not sure about the 'best' way to do it but BEA
only admit to IIOP compatability with Visibroker C++ v3.3,
Orbix 2.3c02 patch 26, and Orbix 3.0.1.

Even if you can access the server be aware that WLE uses it's
own environmental objects to provide bootsrapping, SSL and
transactions so trying to get these to work with Orbix and Visi
( or any other 3rd party ) may be a challenge ;-)

cheers,

Paul