Orbix2000 interoperability problem

Post by Andrew Fielde » Sat, 14 Jul 2001 17:49:22

I have an Orbix2000 server, and an OrbixWeb3.2 client.
Problem is that the client hangs indefinitely when invoking
an operation on the server. The operation request is not even
dispatched to the servant. Client gets no response, and no
exception is generated.
I tried configuring the server to generate IIOP 1.1 IORs, but
this made no difference.

Has anyone come across this problem before?

(BTW I do know about the Iona Orbix2000 newsgroup, but that is
currently inaccessible to me.)

--
Andrew Fielden

Orbix2000 interoperability problem

Post by Jim Melto » Thu, 19 Jul 2001 06:55:56

Quote:> I have an Orbix2000 server, and an OrbixWeb3.2 client.
> Problem is that the client hangs indefinitely when invoking
> an operation on the server. The operation request is not even
> dispatched to the servant. Client gets no response, and no
> exception is generated.
> I tried configuring the server to generate IIOP 1.1 IORs, but
> this made no difference.

> Has anyone come across this problem before?

Perhaps a silly question (but it bit me): Did you activate your POA
manager(s)?

If you create a POA and use the example from, say, the H&V book and pass a
nil manager to the factory method, you must then retrieve the manager from
the newly created POA and activate it or your server will hang as you
describe. Unless you specifically want to control your POAs separately, you
can pass the POAManager from the root POA to your child POAs and then you
only have to activate once.