Orbix2000 name service IOR w/o CODESET

Post by Kendal » Tue, 05 Dec 2000 04:00:00

I need help getting O2K to interop with the JDK Orb.  Iona set up one
install of O2K and helped work out problems with codeset negotiation.
One thing that had to be done was to re-gen the Name Service IOR after
the policy in the config rep was set to disable code set negotiation.
We have done another O2K install ourselves and set the policy, but
can't figure out how to re-gen the Name Service IOR.  We tried
running "itnaming prepare" but that didn't solve the problem.
Basically I want to run "iordump `itadmin ns resolve`" and not see any
CODESET stuff.  The help from Iona has not been very good.  Even the
fellow who did it once while he was here couldn't explain what he did.

Thanks in advance,
Kendall

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Orbix2000 name service IOR w/o CODESET

Post by Kendal » Tue, 05 Dec 2000 04:00:00

Please ignore.  The sys admin hadn't done a "itadmin variable modify"
based on the output of "itnaming prepare".  I did it and all's well.

Kendall

Quote:

> I need help getting O2K to interop with the JDK Orb.  Iona set up one
> install of O2K and helped work out problems with codeset negotiation.
> One thing that had to be done was to re-gen the Name Service IOR after
> the policy in the config rep was set to disable code set negotiation.
> We have done another O2K install ourselves and set the policy, but
> can't figure out how to re-gen the Name Service IOR.  We tried
> running "itnaming prepare" but that didn't solve the problem.
> Basically I want to run "iordump `itadmin ns resolve`" and not see any
> CODESET stuff.  The help from Iona has not been very good.  Even the
> fellow who did it once while he was here couldn't explain what he did.

> Thanks in advance,
> Kendall

> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Orbix2000 name service IOR w/o CODESET

Post by Stuart Clemen » Wed, 06 Dec 2000 09:14:24

Hey Kendall,

you may not be aware, but there is also a specific Orbix2000 news group
monitored by the O2K engineers themselves:

cheers

Stu
IONA Technologies

Quote:

>I need help getting O2K to interop with the JDK Orb.  Iona set up one
>install of O2K and helped work out problems with codeset negotiation.
>One thing that had to be done was to re-gen the Name Service IOR after
>the policy in the config rep was set to disable code set negotiation.
>We have done another O2K install ourselves and set the policy, but
>can't figure out how to re-gen the Name Service IOR.  We tried
>running "itnaming prepare" but that didn't solve the problem.
>Basically I want to run "iordump `itadmin ns resolve`" and not see any
>CODESET stuff.  The help from Iona has not been very good.  Even the
>fellow who did it once while he was here couldn't explain what he did.

>Thanks in advance,
>Kendall

>Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
>Before you buy.

1. Naming Service of Orbix2000

I read some posts on this group , as well as from IONA homepage,
that the port of Naming Service is assigned differently every
time it starts, for Orbix3.0/2000. However, a post claims:

"Typically, the Orbix 2000 Naming Service is launched on the
same port every time.  This port number is the same as the
Orbix 2000 Locator's port number."

Please give your comment! And how to check for the port number,
and set up to a well know port from command line?

Another question is for the object key of the naming service,
can anyone help to figure out the port (1570?) and key of it?
I do appreciate it!

IOR:000100000000002849444c3a6f6d672e6f72672f436f734e616d696e672f4e
616d696e67436f6e746578743a312e300000000001000000000000005100010000
0000000d72696368617264736f6e363600070622000000353a5c72696368617264
736f6e36363a4e533a726f6f743a3a4946523a436f734e616d696e675f4e616d69
6e67436f6e746578740000

Jeff

2. Speeding Up PostScr Printers

3. urgent help required on Naming Service in orbix2000

4. site-init.el file

5. Orbix Naming Service IOR differnt on HA enviroment

6. Gripe

7. Persisting Client IORs in Naming Service

8. Converting 1.2 Database to 2.0

9. INTF_REPOS (Orbix srvr using IOR to ORBacus Naming Service)

10. Orbix Naming Service IOR & SUN's JDK

11. Using IOR to locate Naming Service in Visibroker

12. IOR's and Interoperable Naming Service

13. Proxy Name Service, Parent Proxy Name Service and GNS