Is there a way to retrieve interface information besides the interface repository (esp. ORBacus)?

Is there a way to retrieve interface information besides the interface repository (esp. ORBacus)?

Post by Michael Knap » Fri, 06 Aug 1999 04:00:00

I am currently working on a proxy architecture using
ORBacus.
A modified client orb sends all outgoing requests to the
proxy which forward it to the server. Additionally the
client orb adds all available type info for marshalling
(just sending everything as Any).
As i want to be able to change parameters and this kind of
stuff i am doing this on application level with a modified
ServerRequest object.
But the problem are the return values i get from the server:
the proxy has no knowledge of out and inout typcodes so he
just can't interpret the data he gets.
I know it is possible to use an interface repository for
this, but how to get it with just the forward IOR received
from the client??? Or is there any other way to get this
info from the client?? I am stuck here please help.

Michael Knapp
Karlsruhe

1. orbacus interface repository

Hi,

This is probably a genral interface repository question.

Once I've loaded a set of interfaces into the repository how can I
update them ?. In orbacus or mico when I feed a newer version of the
interface the interface repository complains that the interface already
exists in the scope and refuses to update it. One method is ofcourse to
use delete each interface and reload but that requires me to iteratre
thru all the old interfaces and delete them and becomes a task on its
own.

I just want to load newer versions of interfaces into the repository
overwriting any existing ones.

thanks
suresh.

2. Refresh rate

3. Cannot get the Interface of an object from the interface repository ?

4. Question RE: MR-61

5. Browsing Interface Repository for Interface details

6. Computer cannot wakeup after stanby !!!

7. Canon 2710 - 2720 what's the difference besides interface?

8. trying to access printerproperties crashes desktop

9. Retrieving the information in the Implementation Repository.

10. UnionDef in the Interface Repository

11. Interface repository???

12. interface repository

13. Help : Interface Repository with Jacorb