CORBA 2.4.x compliance w.r.t. messaging changes in CORBA core.

CORBA 2.4.x compliance w.r.t. messaging changes in CORBA core.

Post by Karel Gard » Wed, 11 Sep 2002 19:22:10

Hello,

 I'd like to implement some missing feature(s) in MICO to update it to
CORBA 2.4. The problem which I see is in messaging related changes in
CORBA core. As I understand CORBA specification, I'll have to update
all features specified in CORBA core chapters to CORBA 2.4. This is
perfectly ok till the moment when I see some messaging related changes
in these chapters - examples:

ORB Interface: added operations get_client_policy,
get_policy_overrides, validate_connection

Dynamic Invocation Interface: added operations on Request interface:
sendp, prepare, sendc.

etc.

Question is: do I really need to implement all these messaging related
changes which infiltrate into CORBA core for CORBA 2.4 compliance?

Thanks a lot,

Karel
--

ObjectSecurity Ltd.           http://www.objectsecurity.com

1. CORBA 2.4

Hi All,

I was trying to determine what changes are covered in the 2.4 revision
of the CORBA spec (formal/00-10-01).

Other than revisions to existing chapters driven by revisions to other
CORBA specs, it looks to me that these are the new features covered by
2.4:

- CORBA Messaging
- Minimum CORBA
- Real-time CORBA

Are there other important changes that were made in 2.4 (e.g., DynAny,
Fixed types, etc.)?

Sure would be nice to see a matrix that covers evolution from CORBA's
inception to today :-) Anybody have one?

Thanks in advance,
Mike

2. Barcelona FC Uses Palm III's

3. Help requested with interpretation of CORBA 2.4 scoping rules

4. Pocket PC automatically turns on at midnight

5. CORBA, CORBA, CORBA

6. Problem with database display

7. CORBA::Object pseudo operations wrt IIOP

8. Multiple QLLC X.25 line to SNAsw via HPR/IP

9. 2.4 gig phones with 2.4 gig cameras

10. Converting folders from ELM 2.4 PL24alpha3 to ELM 2.4 PL25

11. CORBA compliance !

12. CORBA 2.3, Java 1.2, Compliance and Required Implementations

13. CORBA compliance tests