tuck - help needed: calls on local object hang!

tuck - help needed: calls on local object hang!

Post by taab » Thu, 24 Jul 2003 03:42:03

Hi all,
(i've post similar on omniorb group, but here the traffic is bigger, so
the answer could be faster).

I'm using old BOA (with omniORB 4.0.1) and all calls on local object hang.
To simplify I took example boa/eg2_impl.cpp and added calling of
echoString. This call never returns (never goes into impl::echoString as
well)

int main(int argc, char** argv)
{
   try {
     CORBA::ORB_var orb = CORBA::ORB_init(argc, argv);
     CORBA::BOA_var boa = orb->BOA_init(argc, argv, "omniORB4_BOA");

     Echo_i* myecho = new Echo_i();
     Echo_var myechoref = myecho->_this();

     myecho->_obj_is_ready(boa);

// TEST START
     cerr<<"calling echoString"<<endl;

     cerr<<myechoref->echoString("test")<<endl;

     cerr<<"passed"<<endl;
// TEST END

     CORBA::String_var sior(orb->object_to_string(myechoref));
     cerr << "'" << (char*)sior << "'" << endl;

What I should do to be able to call methods on local objects?!?!
Maybe I miss something obvious, but this works ok on Borland/Visigenic
corba implementation.

Thread-per-connection is default in omniorb. Stack trace looks like main
thread (which calls echoString) is waiting in condition, the
'dispatch/listener' thread is waiting for data_or_somtething.
     Tom

tuck - help needed: calls on local object hang!

Post by hab » Thu, 24 Jul 2003 16:51:28

Already found:
Need to add:
     m_BOA->impl_is_ready(0,1);
before first local call (it is omniorb specific).

1. Client hang in a remote object method call

I dumped an IOR from my server (Orbix C++). In my client (VisiBroker
Java), there is no exceptions in my string_to_object and narrow calls.
The next step is to use the object reference I just got to invoke its
method. It hangs for ever. What could be wrong?

PS: My server is alive.

Philip

2. TT-UNIX

3. Need help with strange CORBA object call

4. FS: Skyfox GS

5. _bind() calls hangs, or how to set a time-out on _bind()-calls

6. Ultra1 & 17inch screen & high resolution ?

7. Urgent Need Business Objects Local to MN Only .

8. Yotz Dice Game for Windows CE Now Available

9. Need help with UMAX UC630s - "calibrating blue" hangs scanner

10. need help with microtek e3 hang-up problem

11. Need Help Please with OnQ 1050 System Hung Up