Omni stops to work

Post by Arkady K » Sat, 30 Jun 2001 20:52:17

Hello All!

I have server application with using Omni ORB.
All work fine, but then I try to use: cout, cerr... the server is hung-up
(stops to work).
So I need to use printf ().
May be iostream library not multithreading?

There is my configuration:
Linux (RedHat 7.0 distribution), OmniORB3.2.

Thx.
Best Regards.
Arkady K.

Omni stops to work

Post by Duncan Grisb » Sat, 30 Jun 2001 22:23:12

Quote:>I have server application with using Omni ORB.
>All work fine, but then I try to use: cout, cerr... the server is hung-up
>(stops to work).
>So I need to use printf ().
>May be iostream library not multithreading?

>There is my configuration:
>Linux (RedHat 7.0 distribution), OmniORB3.2.

The problem is most likely due to the brokenness of RedHat 7.0's C++
compiler. Make sure you update to the very latest versions of the gcc,
g++, and libstdc++ RPMs, and rebuild everything including omniORB
itself.  That should fix it.

Cheers,

Duncan.

--
 -- Duncan Grisby  \  Research Engineer  --
  -- AT&T Laboratories Cambridge          --