CORBA to general API extension

Post by Jame » Tue, 23 Mar 1999 04:00:00

  Does anyone have any pointers on ways to map from commonly generated
  IDL stubs to common "extension" mechanism of database applications?

Detail:

  (Sorry for the amorphous summary).  I'm investigating the use of
  CORBA as a coupling mechanism between two wildly different
  architectures:
        1) a database that has a clunky C extension system.
          - just packs args and calls function
          - has a laborious spec and compile cycle: must use a manual GUI to
                  say "function X takes three args: a string, an int, etc. etc.)"
          - basically just converts strings to C primitives, and calls the C
                  function(s) you linked against the kernel
      - it works, but don't mention OO within 50 feet of it

   2) a newer, CORBA-friendly web system (C++ & Perl)

  Am I trying to push s*** up hill here? Would ODBC be a better bet?
  (We're not using M$ standard at the moment and would need a good
  reason to start) :-) Anyone heard of similar work to retro-fit CORBA
  systems like this where the programmer is standing on the outside
  looking in to an API that also contains main()?

  (For the curious, the database system is called Universe).

  Thanks!

-- James Preston, waiting for Godot.

1. Namespace Extension Copy and Paste (from extension to non extension)

I am working on namespace extension for a custom file, that hold custom folders.
I am right now implementing cut, copy, and paste, using IDataObject. The problem
is that, when I copy a folder inside my namespace extension and paste it in a
usual file (not inside my namespace extension), it copies the icon, file name,
and attribute correctly, but in doesn't copy the actual data of the folder, at
all. That is, the pasted folder shows up inside Windows Explorer (with correct
attribute, folder name, date, etc) after being pasted, but when I tried to open
the folder, it contains no actual data on the folder. Does anybody have an idea
how I am supposed to copy the actual data, not only the attribute of the folder?

2. FS: Ami Link CI

3. SNMP Agent API which suport Extension

4. Why don't I get Intellisense in the HTML window in ASP.NET??

5. Kerberos API's in general

6. Hotspot Mouseovers

7. Job - QA Engineers (CORBA, Visual Basic, Java-API, Network Appl) - TIBCO, Software, Inc. - Palo Alto, Ca.

8. How do I stabilize DL speed?

9. Corba api work needed

10. CORBA Management API from Lumos (Corbaman)?

11. CAD/CAM application development API using CORBA?

12. API for org.omg.CORBA java classes

13. *****ny/nj/conn-java/corba/api/cgi/nt/ole- web developers-wanted*********