Launching a CORBA server from another CORBA server using Orbix

Launching a CORBA server from another CORBA server using Orbix

Post by rajrishi.. » Sat, 23 Sep 2000 04:00:00

Hi,
    I am currently developing a load balancing and fault tolerance
architecture using Orbix in WINNT 4.0.
  Simulation of the problem
 ---------------------------
 A and B are 2 CORBA servers with name "A" and "B" respectively. I need
to launch the server B from server A ( e.g by invoking the windows API
CreateProcess ). B is registered with the orbix daemon via putit
command. But A is an unregistered server.
      When A is invoked separately everything goes fine. But when a is
invoked within B( CreateProcess ) a CORBA::Exception is thrown.
      The exception says that it expects the server name "B" in
the "impl_is_ready" call in the server A i.e. implementation of Orbix
is not able to understand that A is a separate process that has been
invoked by B. So it is expecting the name of the server B in A's
implementation ( impl_is_ready ) leading to a conflict in the server
names
                 I have carried out lots of research and development on
this issue and still not able to find out a solution. Please help me out
                                Rajrishi Roy
                                Ushacomm India Ltd.
                                India

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Launching a CORBA server from another CORBA server using Orbix

Post by Bill Lloy » Sat, 23 Sep 2000 04:00:00

If B is registered with the daemon, why not launch it via a _bind() call
from A, rather than with a call to CreateProcess()?  That would work fine, I
think.

-B

Quote:> Hi,
>     I am currently developing a load balancing and fault tolerance
> architecture using Orbix in WINNT 4.0.
>   Simulation of the problem
>  ---------------------------
>  A and B are 2 CORBA servers with name "A" and "B" respectively. I need
> to launch the server B from server A ( e.g by invoking the windows API
> CreateProcess ). B is registered with the orbix daemon via putit
> command. But A is an unregistered server.
>       When A is invoked separately everything goes fine. But when a is
> invoked within B( CreateProcess ) a CORBA::Exception is thrown.
>       The exception says that it expects the server name "B" in
> the "impl_is_ready" call in the server A i.e. implementation of Orbix
> is not able to understand that A is a separate process that has been
> invoked by B. So it is expecting the name of the server B in A's
> implementation ( impl_is_ready ) leading to a conflict in the server
> names
>                  I have carried out lots of research and development on
> this issue and still not able to find out a solution. Please help me out
>                                 Rajrishi Roy
>                                 Ushacomm India Ltd.
>                                 India

> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

1. Accessing Orbix or VisiBroker-based CORBA Server from a WLE-based CORBA client

Hi All, I have a CORBA server provided by a 3rd party.  The CORBA server is
provided in two possilbe configurations: one using Orbix ORB and one using
VisiBroker as an ORB. However, I am using WLE for all other client-server
stuff.

What is the best way for me to access the CORBA server from a WLE application
?

Thanks for any guidance you can provide.

Emil

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

2. FP98: _borders Directory Missing?

3. Catching Client dropout from a Server program using CORBA (orbix)

4. Call for papers

5. VB app to connect to CORBA name server using Orbix for Windows?

6. FS: EXTERNAL SCSI STORAGE UNITS

7. Problems: VB OLE client to connect to Corba server using Orbix for Windows?

8. Using Java classes (.jar′s)

9. Orbix server launched in "server" mode on NT?

10. Dynamic launch of Orbix server using Name Service.

11. manually launched corba servers