create_POA

Post by yong » Tue, 03 Jul 2001 17:17:21

Hi

Does create_POA activate the child POA.
(Does it same as perform POAManager.activate())

Thanks/Yong

create_POA

Post by Manfred Reinar » Wed, 04 Jul 2001 04:02:24

Hi

Quote:> Hi

> Does create_POA activate the child POA.
> (Does it same as perform POAManager.activate())

No, it only creates a new POA.
Depending of the POAManager-Parameter that you pass to create_POA a new
POAMangager is created (NULL), or the existing POAManager passed as
parameter is also responsible for this newly created POA.

Please consider having a look at H&V, Advanced CORBA Programming with C++,
ISBN 0-201-37927-9  or the training doc available at
http://www.ooc.com/ob/training_download.html.

Quote:

> Thanks/Yong

Regards,
Manfred

1. omniORB 3.0.3 : Why does create_POA not inherit the special omniINSPOA key-generation ?

I want to use the "omniINSPOA" POA but with the Corba policy
SINGLE_THREAD_MODEL. Therefore I tried:

CORBA::Object_var obj = orb->resolve_initial_references("omniINSPOA");
PortableServer::POA_var inspoa = PortableServer::POA::_narrow(obj);
CORBA::PolicyList p(1);
p.length(1);
p[0] = inspoa -> create_thread_policy(PortableServer::ORB_CTRL_MODEL);
poa = inspoa -> create_POA("LockDataPOA", inspoa -> the_POAManager(),
p);

This does not work because they generated object keys do not match.

A look into the omniORB 3.0.3 sources shows that unfortunately
omniOrbPOA::create_POA() ( especial omniOrbPOA::omniOrbPOA() )
does not inherit the special key-generation of the parent.

Is this a bug or are there objections against the inheritance ?
Can I get the special "omniINSPOA" behaviour otherwise ?
CORBA 2.3 says that CORBA policies are not inherited
by create_POA() but of course they are setable
which is not the case with the special "omniINSPOA" key-generation .

2. minimum memory for web surfing

3. VisiBroker 4.0 create_POA() exception Activation::NotRegistered ?

4. NO_MORE_IRP_STACK_LOCATIONS

5. Mico2.3/create_POA: access_violation

6. Writing to the registry