Vector in Java -> IDL?

Post by Ralf van Mee » Tue, 23 Sep 1997 04:00:00

> Hi,

> how would you map a java.util.Vector in IDL?

> If possible please reply via email.

> Thanks
>     Hannes

Just define the protocol of util.Vector in IDL:
interface Vector{
        blablabla - operations of util.Vector

Quote:}

interface bla{
        void calculate(in Vector aVector);
Quote:}

Vector in Java -> IDL?

Post by KTS » Wed, 24 Sep 1997 04:00:00

> > Hi,

> > how would you map a java.util.Vector in IDL?

> > If possible please reply via email.

> > Thanks
> >     Hannes
> Just define the protocol of util.Vector in IDL:
> interface Vector{
>         blablabla - operations of util.Vector
> }

> interface bla{
>         void calculate(in Vector aVector);
> }

I am not sure if this will work.

Eg:

module XXX
{
 interface Vector{
         blablabla - operations of util.Vector
 }

 interface bla{
         void calculate(in Vector aVector);
 }

Quote:}

Now wouldn't Vector is part of the package XXX and the class which calls
the method calculate
would be expecting XXX.Vector not java.util.Vector.

Shalini.

Vector in Java -> IDL?

Post by Nigel Rams » Thu, 02 Oct 1997 04:00:00

Quote:>Now wouldn't Vector is part of the package XXX and the class which calls
>the method calculate
>would be expecting XXX.Vector not java.util.Vector.

I would imagine that you could just extend vector:

public class myVector extends java.util.Vector implements _VectorRef {