Libraries for grid oriented problems

Post by n.. » Fri, 30 Sep 1994 07:30:07

I amrecently working on testing portable Fortran Libraries for
grid oriented problems, especially supporting:
  * data decomposition
  * I/O
  * Communication
I have heared so far about:
 NNT (NOAA)
 BlockComm (Argonne)
 CommLib (GMD)
 RSL (Argonne)

If you know of any other portable Libraries that I could include
in my studies, please tell me!

Thanks
Oliver Broeker

P.S. If you're interested in my project please look at my WWW-Server
 http://cs.colorado.edu/homes/broker/public_html/project.html
 (or contact me)

1. Compiling grid example with VC++... libraries?

Greetings,

Just trying to get the hang of CORBA stuff here...

I've got Orbix 2.3c and Microsoft Visual C++ v 5.0... I used the
makefile and it built the executables for the grid example, and they
work. But now I am trying to set up a project in VC++ that will build
the executables.

What libraries do I need to use? I have been trying different
combinations for two days now, and I have got it down to two errors.

Here are the gory details:

Under project settings, LINK tab, INPUT category:
Libraries used: user32.lib advapi32.lib wsock32.lib itm.lib
Libraries ignored: libci.lib,libc.lib
NOT ignoring all default libraries
Additional library path: d:\apps\iona\Orbix_2.3c\lib
Project options: user32.lib advapi32.lib wsock32.lib itm.lib /nologo
/subsystem:console /incremental:no /pdb:"server.pdb" /machine:I386
/nodefaultlib:"libci.lib" /nodefaultlib:"libc.lib" /out:"server.exe"
/libpath:"d:\apps\iona\Orbix_2.3c\lib"

Here are the errors I am getting:
srv_main.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "class

srv_main.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "class

server.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 2 unresolved externals

If what am I doing wrong? I tried ignoring all default libraries, but
then I got tons of errors (and I can't for the life of me figure out
what all these default libraries are, so that I can try putting them in
one at a time). I tried looking through the makefile stuff for clues to
the libraries, and while that helped, it didn't help enough. I am so
close! When I started out, I had 600+ errors, then I got it down to
<100, and then for a long time I was at 12. Not it's 2! But these just
won't go away for me, without introducing a bunch more.

Any help would be appreciated!

--
Eric Wadsworth
http://www.futureone.com/~wad

2. REBIRTH & PHATBOY

3. IDL georeferenced grid library

4. User Controls placed on a page using .NET IDE not accessible in codebehind

5. Image/GRID libraries in ARC 8

6. Weird owa problem on sbs 2003

7. Image/GRID Libraries

8. M2002 changing dates on my checks?

9. Multi-threaded, Object-Oriented MPI-Based Message Passing Interface: The ARCH Library

10. Baseline Grid - How do I alter the spacing of the grid?

11. URGENT WTB: Harddrive for Grid portable 386 (Grid 1450sx)

12. GRID'2000: International Workshop on Grid Computing (wide-are

13. CFP- GRID'2000: International Workshop on Grid Computing