MPI_GET_... routines missing

Post by Bernd Wend » Tue, 29 Nov 1994 23:44:48

I've been playing around with the MPICH implementation recently.
I found out that the MPI_GET_SOURCE, MPI_GET_TAG and MPI_GET_COUNT
routines are not implemented. Is there a particular reason for that?
(I did the implementation by my own and it took me 5 minutes or 23 lines
of FORTRAN code(without error handling).)

        Bernd

--
Bernd Wender
University of Vienna

http://www.par.univie.ac.at/htbin/wender.home
---
Did you know that a dyslexic agnostic insomniac lies awake
at night and ponders the existence of DoG?

MPI_GET_... routines missing

Post by Joep Vesse » Wed, 30 Nov 1994 00:14:59

>Is there a particular reason for that?
>["that" == mpich's lack of MPI_GET_{SOURCE,TAG,COUNT} -- JV]

The official MPI specification (May 94) only specifies a MPI_GET_COUNT,
which is in fact implemented in MPICH (file src/pt2pt/getcount.c in the
MPICH-1.05 distribution).

The standard explains how to extract the SOURCE and TAG fields from
the "status" parameter (pp. 20-21):

 C:       use "status.MPI_SOURCE" or "status.MPI_TAG"
 FORTRAN: use "status(MPI_SOURCE)" or "status(MPI_TAG)"

joep.
--
joep vesseur

MPI_GET_... routines missing

Post by Nathan E. Do » Wed, 30 Nov 1994 05:23:52

: I've been playing around with the MPICH implementation recently.
: I found out that the MPI_GET_SOURCE, MPI_GET_TAG and MPI_GET_COUNT
: routines are not implemented. Is there a particular reason for that?
: (I did the implementation by my own and it took me 5 minutes or 23 lines
: of FORTRAN code(without error handling).)

:       Bernd

  MPI_GET_SOURCE and MPI_GET_TAG were done away with in the final version
  of the MPI document.  From the standard document dated May 5th,
  Section 3.2.5 (http:////www.mcs.anl.gov/mpi/mpi-report/node34.html#Node34):

      In C, status is a structure that contains two fields named
      MPI_SOURCE and MPI_TAG, and the structure may contain
      additional fields. Thus, status.MPI_SOURCE and status.
      MPI_TAG contain the source and tag, respectively, of the
      received message.

      In Fortran, status is an array of INTEGERs of size
      MPI_STATUS_SIZE. The two constants MPI_SOURCE and MPI_TAG
      are the indices of the entries that store the source and
      tag fields. Thus status(MPI_SOURCE) and status(MPI_TAG)
      contain, respectively, the source and the tag of the
      received message.

  The MPI_GET_COUNT function is present in the MPICH implementation.

--

1. 1.6.16kernal routine missing?

in kernel/system.c, there is a call to fork_name().
I cannot find ANY other refernece to it in the 1.6.16 source.
Does anybody out there happen to know where fork_name is defined?
And could you post/e-mail said definition?
thanx
                        Bruce
--
-How long must we fight? How long        Courtesy of Bruce Varney

-Until the madmen are dead my son,
 Or until they realize that they cannot count on us to do nothing

2. Wanted: Sun 2 parts and pieces

3. 1.5.0 upgrade - missing libc.a routines

4. How to filter NETBEUI mulitcast msg?

5. plotting routine to handle missing data

6. *bit Indy Graphics Card Wanted

7. MISS ANATOLIAN - MISS BEACH CLUB TURKEY

8. gcc on 6.2 :compile problems

9. Miss Universe 2008 Miss Malaysia

10. Miss Malaysia - Miss Tourism Metropolitan International 2007