Thread-safe MPI for linux?

Post by Ron A. Oldfiel » Thu, 15 Apr 1999 04:00:00

Does anyone know of a thread-safe implementation of MPI for Linux? I
know some vendor implementations (SGI, HP,...) claim to be thread-safe,
but I have not heard of any for Linux.

Ron

--
Ron Oldfield

Department of Computer Science   Phone : (603) 646-1694
6211 Sudikoff Laboratory         FAX   : (603) 646-1672
Hanover, NH 03755-3510

Thread-safe MPI for linux?

Post by Alexander N. Andreye » Fri, 16 Apr 1999 04:00:00

I think that if you obey to call MPI routines from only one thread inside
each MPI process, it'll be safe enough.
Am I right?

Full thread safety, which enables you to call MPI from different threads
concurently, isn't supported by MPICH or LAM.

Quote:> Does anyone know of a thread-safe implementation of MPI for Linux? I
> know some vendor implementations (SGI, HP,...) claim to be thread-safe,
> but I have not heard of any for Linux.

--
Alexander N. Andreyev
Laboratory Of Parallel Information Technologies, SRCC, MSU

Parallel Computing: http://parallel.srcc.msu.su [russian language]

1. Thread safe MPI for Linux clusters?

Is there a thread safe (in the sense of MPI-2s MPI_THREAD_MULTIPLE)
MPI implementation for Linux, particularly Beowulf type set-ups out there?
I understand that neither MPICH or LAM currently have this property.
Other keyword is "free", or at least "no too expensive", of course.

Murray Cole.

2. Win 2000 User Templates

3. thread safe mpi implementation for solaris/linux

4. Flight Simulator Check Lists

5. Thread-safe version of MPI

6. FS: New HP Color Laserjet Supplies

7. Q: Thread-Safe MPI Implementation

8. St. Anthony of Padua

9. Intel Jpeg library thread-safe?

10. thread-safe

11. thread-safe random number generator?

12. Is select() call thread-safe?