Cray Computer Files For Bankruptcy Protection ????????

Post by Tom Weld » Wed, 05 Apr 1995 04:00:00

>   I am not sure of this news but could anyone please confirm. Although they
>  seem to have lots of orders for their latest cray released on march 14th or
>  so(for the matter even newsweek has a small section on it)
>  the reason if at all the news is true is for the lack of sales.

> Ashok Viswanathan

>[Clari news post deleted]

Sad to say, it's true. Cray Computer in Colorado Springs has filed for
bankruptcy protection. However, they never received an order for either a
Cray-3 or a Cray-4. Perhaps you have confused yourself by thinking of Cray
Research in Minnesota, which spun out Cray Computer several years ago. Cray
Research still seems to be going strong.

[Hey, anyone interested in using CAMs (Content Addressable Memories) in

Tom Weldon                                         All opinions are my own.
MUSIC Semiconductors                                No one else wants them.

1. Cray Computer is *NOT* Cray Research

Are you sure you are not mismatching Cray Computer and Cray Research ?

It is true that Cray Computer (Cray-3,Cray-4) is bankrupt now, but
Cray Research (Cray-YMP,Cray-C90,Cray-T90,Cray-T3D,...) is a *totally*
different company and is not at all in a bad financial situation.

Best regards,

Christopher Potter
CRAY T3D support/Parallel Applications Engineer

2. DOESN'T ANYONE POST FILES HERE?!

3. Storm Technology Files for Bankruptcy

4. How to know my ram is PC100 or not?

5. Zilog filing for bankruptcy

6. UUCP

7. Cray Computer rumor

8. 32-Bit vs. 16-Bit Bug????

9. Need BenchMarks on Cray Family of Computers

10. computer surge protection experiment--setup advice?

11. Computer Theft Protection

12. Computer Protection

13. Surge Protection For Computers