Entering fold mode with latest JED snapshot + latest S-Lang snapshot?

Entering fold mode with latest JED snapshot + latest S-Lang snapshot?

Post by Dawn Owens-Nichols » Tue, 19 Jan 1999 04:00:00

I'm having problems entering fold mode in the latest JED compiled with the
latest S-Lang.  I'm using the supplied lib/*.sl files and entering fold mode
either by editing a file with "% -*- mode: slang; mode: fold -*-" at the top
or by typing M-x fold[RETURN].  Both used to work, the former now doesn't
fold the document on load and the latter JED says there's a stack underflow
error somewhere.  I have no jedrc file, so I'm using the supplied defaults.

Has this been fixed somewhere I'm not aware of?  I've checked the JED
snapshots dir on space.mit.edu's FTP server and the S-Lang website at
<URL:http://www.s-lang.org/>.  It's not a big deal, obviously folding isn't
crucial, but it sure is handy.

Entering fold mode with latest JED snapshot + latest S-Lang snapshot?

Post by John E. Dav » Wed, 20 Jan 1999 04:00:00

Quote:>I'm having problems entering fold mode in the latest JED compiled with the
>latest S-Lang.  I'm using the supplied lib/*.sl files and entering fold mode

The `strchop' and `strchopr' functions were modified in slang 1.3.5.

change).  Unfortunately, your version of jed does not know about the
change.  Please grab the latest snapshot of jed (B0.99.4) from
ftp://space.mit.edu/pub/davis/jed/snapshots.  Here are the list of
changes since the November release:

  38.  __BORLANDC__ specific patches from John Skilleter

  39.  MAIN_ARGC replaced by __argc and command_line_arg replaced by
       __argv.
  40.  Tweaks to c_format_paragraph

  41.  New MSWINDOWS variable from John Skilleter: FN_CHAR

       (ascii 0) followed by some other character (see

  42.  Documentation of library functions available online and via
       doc/libfuns.txt.

  43.  Use of strchop and strchopr modified according to new semantics.

  44.  mkdir and rmdir intrinsic functions were replaced by slang
       library intrinsics.

  45.  unix_kill function changed to `kill' (S-Lang library change).

  46.  textmac.sl modified to use associative arrays.

--
John E. Davis                   Center for Space Research/AXAF Science Center
617-258-8119                    One Hampshire St., Building NE80-6019

1. Few things about the new S-lang and Jed snapshots

I've installed the latest S-lang and Jed snapshots and they look
rather promising, although there's couple odd things in the visuals:
- initial display of xjed is somehow disorted (hard to describe in
words, I got screenshot which shows that at <URL:http://www.iki.fi/
hezu/xjed.gif>) and on Solaris 2.6 (but not on digital UNIX 4.0) there
is also error message "input method doesn't support my preedit type"
shown in the shell at startup.
- the messages in minibuffer appear now in reverse, is there any way
to change that as it's quite ugly on mono terminals I use quite often?

--

L?hett?m?ll? mainoksia tai muuta asiatonta s?hk?postia yll? olevaan
osoitteeseen sitoudut maksamaan oikolukupalvelusta FIM500 alkavalta

2. Is Hi-Rizer Still In Business?

3. New jed and slang snapshots available

4. CodeWarrior Discover Programming

5. jed: s-lang error with Emacs keybindings

6. ssh_exchange identification

7. Jed SKK requires S-Lang patch

8. MPC860 microcode

9. Jed/S-Lang programming.

10. JED 0.98: [?] S-Lang Error: compile_parse_error_function: undefined name

11. Latest version of Jed (0.98.7)

12. What is the latest version of Jed?

13. the latest ver. of jed...