Syntax highlighting in SolarisTerm or Xterm (in solaris)

Syntax highlighting in SolarisTerm or Xterm (in solaris)

Post by Krishna Srinivas » Sat, 20 Oct 2001 05:37:58

Greetings.

In a solaris term (dtterm) or a xterm in CDE/solaris
when I do , vim myfile.c, the Syntax highlighting
appears as Bold characters and underlined word.
(no color at all).

however, if I do a gvim myfile.c (syntax on) - then the
colors appear correctly.

Is there a setup by which I can get colors in just plain vim ?
(in a term ?),

TIA,
krishna.

Post by Thomas Dicke » Sat, 20 Oct 2001 08:47:20

> Greetings.
> In a solaris term (dtterm) or a xterm in CDE/solaris
> when I do , vim myfile.c, the Syntax highlighting
> appears as Bold characters and underlined word.
> (no color at all).

dtterm does color (at least well enough to demo);
you probably are not using the proper $TERM

--

http://dickey.his.com
ftp://dickey.his.com

Post by Thomas Dicke » Sat, 20 Oct 2001 08:47:43

> Greetings.
> In a solaris term (dtterm) or a xterm in CDE/solaris
> when I do , vim myfile.c, the Syntax highlighting
> appears as Bold characters and underlined word.
> (no color at all).

The XFree86 xterm supports ANSI color and VT220 emulation
There's an faq at
        http://dickey.his.com/xterm/xterm.faq.html
        ftp://dickey.his.com/xterm

--