DCL VMS Keypad layout with a PC Editor - Needed!

DCL VMS Keypad layout with a PC Editor - Needed!

Post by Davies, Jerem » Tue, 15 Mar 1994 15:34:23

I'm looking to get hold of an editor which will emulate the EDT or TPU
editor on a vax. What I really need is the ability to redefine the NUMLOCK
key as GOLD.

Anyone?

DCL VMS Keypad layout with a PC Editor - Needed!

Post by Chris Fayl » Wed, 16 Mar 1994 09:40:53

Quote:

>I'm looking to get hold of an editor which will emulate the EDT or TPU
>editor on a vax. What I really need is the ability to redefine the NUMLOCK
>key as GOLD.

>Anyone?

My company produces a product called EDT+ which runs on MS-DOS and
UNIX.  It emulates most of the commands of VAX EDT plus implements a
number of improvements.  The keypad is completely configurable.
NumLock is defined to be GOLD by default but it can defined to be
anything you want.

                Boston Business Computing, Ltd.
                3 Dundee Park
                Andover, MA 01810
                (508) 470-0444
        FAX:    (508) 474-9244
--
Chris Faylor            Boston Business Computing, Ltd.

Post by Lennart Borgm » Wed, 16 Mar 1994 19:47:48

>>I'm looking to get hold of an editor which will emulate the EDT or TPU
>>editor on a vax. What I really need is the ability to redefine the NUMLOCK
>>key as GOLD.

>>Anyone?

>My company produces a product called EDT+ which runs on MS-DOS and
>UNIX.  It emulates most of the commands of VAX EDT plus implements a
>number of improvements.  The keypad is completely configurable.
>NumLock is defined to be GOLD by default but it can defined to be
>anything you want.

There is another product called nu/TPU which emulates TPU on the above
plattforms. Another possibility is Emacs in EDT-mode, it is alsow
available on thse plattforms.

- Lennart
Lennart Borgman, Astra Draco AB, Box 34, S-221 00 Lund, SWEDEN

1. Help running "away" on VMS/DCL

I get several messages of "this compiling" and "that compiling"
which looks pretty good, even the "away_main" compiles ok then....
while "linking away-daemon" I get.........
ERROR OPENING SYS$COMMON:[SYSLIB]UCX$IPC.OLB AS INPUT, FILE NOT FOUND

Can some guru give me hand as to whats going on and
what I might do?

Please!
Thanks!
Bret

2. cropping .ps for reusing

3. HTML editor on VMS needed

4. Trying to fix the "Cannot load page" problem

5. VCL - DCL for PC Compatiblies

6. Modify user's properties

7. Need VMS SCSI PCMCIA (PC Card) solution...

8. Site check please :)

9. need PC keyboard with Sun/DEC-like layout

10. Need funational explode/implode for DCL....

11. enabling keypad editor (EDT) in JED ?