Pasting into Win gvim

Post by t.. » Thu, 13 Jan 2000 04:00:00

When I attempt to paste several lines of text from the Windows clipboard,
the lines in gvim become staggered like this:

line 1.
    line 2.
        line 3.
            etc...

Is there a solution to this?

Pasting into Win gvim

Post by Dan Merc » Thu, 13 Jan 2000 04:00:00

> When I attempt to paste several lines of text from the Windows clipboard,
> the lines in gvim become staggered like this:

> line 1.
>     line 2.
>         line 3.
>             etc...

> Is there a solution to this?

Turn off autoindent:

   : se noai

--
Dan Mercer

Pasting into Win gvim

Post by Stan Bro » Thu, 13 Jan 2000 04:00:00

Quote:>When I attempt to paste several lines of text from the Windows clipboard,
>the lines in gvim become staggered like this:

>line 1.
>    line 2.
>        line 3.
>            etc...

:set paste

--
Stan Brown, Oak Road Systems, Cleveland, Ohio, USA
                http://www.mindspring.com/~brahms/

Pasting into Win gvim

Post by Phil Han » Thu, 13 Jan 2000 04:00:00

>When I attempt to paste several lines of text from the Windows clipboard,
>the lines in gvim become staggered like this:

>line 1.
>    line 2.
>        line 3.
>            etc...

>Is there a solution to this?

Yes:

:set noai
(do the paste)
:set ai

I wish there were a more straightforward way of doing this, but I
don't know what it is.
--
Phil Hanna