Am I still on the mailing list?

Post by Nick » Thu, 20 Feb 2003 04:17:47

Hello,

Was I accidentally deleted from this email list?

I haven't seen the usuall email trafic I normally see. So, I think somone deleted me! Please put me back on the list. I don't know how this happened.

Thanks.

--nick

Post by F.J. Kell » Thu, 20 Feb 2003 05:07:51

from the morning report:

  The following 2 subscribers were deleted from the SAS-L list today:

    Last error was: Mailer mail-com.mr.outblaze.com said: "553 5.0.0

Periodically, MAIL, HOTMAIL and several others will begin bouncing all
mail with "user unknown" and the like.  This is done automatically.
--Joe

> Hello,

> Was I accidentally deleted from this email list?

> I haven't seen the usuall email trafic I normally see. So, I think somone deleted me! Please put me back on the list. I don't know how this happened.

> Thanks.

> --nick
> --
> http://www.mail.com/?sr=signup

Am I still on the mailing list?

Post by Paul R Swa » Thu, 20 Feb 2003 05:41:33

I noted that I received a message saying my server had sent back an error to
the sas-l probe and unless I conformed by subscription (or whatever you call
it), I might be disconnected. I then noted that the said probe arrived in my
e-mail after the the message saying it had been bounced. My IT person said
that the message from SAS-l in question had been deleted because of a virus.
Now I am confused. Does anyone know what is going on with these probes?

Paul R. S*, Ph.D.
Professor, Developmental Pediatrics
Medical School
UT Health Science Center at Houston

  The following 2 subscribers were deleted from the SAS-L list today:

    Last error was: Mailer mail-com.mr.outblaze.com said: "553 5.0.0

Periodically, MAIL, HOTMAIL and several others will begin bouncing all
mail with "user unknown" and the like.  This is done automatically.
--Joe

> Hello,

> Was I accidentally deleted from this email list?

> I haven't seen the usuall email trafic I normally see. So, I think somone
deleted me! Please put me back on the list. I don't know how this happened.

> Thanks.

> --nick
> --

        Thanks to all those who replied with different ideas for solving
my mailing list problem.

        It turns out that the easiest solution I got was to use a macro
included in the macro library.  You have to load the file FLATFILE.XLA.
That creates the command DATA | SMARTPARSE in the command bar.  You
simply select that command and enter the seperator character and it does
the rest for you.

        For doing something which I didn't think was possible this
solution worked really well.  Saved me the work of re-typing 5000 addresses.

Thanks again for all replies.

2. Dotted line round a button

3. comp.mail.misc Internet Mailing List Providers

4. QuickDraw 3D ever used?

5. Looking for online UK CDR source

6. Borland threads FAQ?