proc sql, Oracle and Clob datatypes

Post by Lis » Thu, 20 Jun 2002 04:55:33

I am trying to reading data from an Oracle table that has field define as a
Oracle datatype.  The SAS procedure I've tried is proc sql with the
following code:

proc sql;
         connect to oracle (user="profile_user" orapw=XXXXXXXXX     p
         path="SMDWP");
         create table work.collg as
         select * from connection to oracle (select educational_experiences
             from agc_sm_colleague2);

I am unable to do this successfully and get the following errors:

ERROR: Oracle DESCRIBE Error: ORA-03115: unsupported network datatype or
representation

Any suggestions,
Thanks.
-- Lisa

proc sql, Oracle and Clob datatypes

Post by Shoemaker, Ja » Thu, 20 Jun 2002 05:14:33

Lisa,

Is the column, educational_experiences, a CLOB data type?  If so, you may be
hosed. - Jack

I am trying to reading data from an Oracle table that has field define
as a
Oracle datatype.  The SAS procedure I've tried is proc sql with the
following code:

proc sql;
         connect to oracle (user="profile_user" orapw=XXXXXXXXX     p
         path="SMDWP");
         create table work.collg as
         select * from connection to oracle (select
educational_experiences
             from agc_sm_colleague2);

I am unable to do this successfully and get the following errors:

ERROR: Oracle DESCRIBE Error: ORA-03115: unsupported network datatype or
representation

Any suggestions,
Thanks.
-- Lisa

proc sql, Oracle and Clob datatypes

Post by Shoemaker, Ja » Thu, 20 Jun 2002 07:54:29

Of course.  My mistake.  Thanks for the correction Sig. - Jack

I believe that the correct technical phrase in Oracle is '...you may be
clobbered'.
Sig

Post by Sigurd Hermans » Thu, 20 Jun 2002 07:45:07

I believe that the correct technical phrase in Oracle is '...you may be
clobbered'.
Sig

>Lisa,

>Is the column, educational_experiences, a CLOB data type?  If so, you may
be
>hosed. - Jack

1. Migrate an Oracle Table with CLOB datatype

--------------AC502CDAFB1B9AB9853DFAA6

How can i Migrate a table from oracle which cointain CLOB data ?

Thanks

--------------AC502CDAFB1B9AB9853DFAA6

--------------AC502CDAFB1B9AB9853DFAA6--

2. How can I install boot block on my hd. ?

3. Blob and Clob Informix datatypes not supported in Delphi?

4. textmode newsreader

5. PROC SQL pass through to Oracle -- SOLVED

6. PPP via telenet?

7. PROC SQL pass through to Oracle

8. Questions on SGI graphics

9. 70-029 (SQL Server) vs Oracle DBA SQL PL/SQL.

10. PROC CONTENTS / PROC SQL

11. Reading Oracle CLOB data with 8.2