SAS/Graph: enabling portrait legal-size output in the graph output window

SAS/Graph: enabling portrait legal-size output in the graph output window

Post by Bill Knowlt » Wed, 11 Apr 2001 13:10:59

Hi All,

I'm using the following code to generate a gplot in the SAS/Graph output
window:

goptions reset=all  gunit=in
         ftext="Arial" htext=0.15 ftitle="Arial" htitle=0.15 ;

axis1 length=6    value=(height=0.1 rotate=0) ;
axis2 length=7.6  value=(height=0.1 rotate=0) ;

symbol  font="Wingdings" value=l height=0.1 color=blue ;

proc gplot data = a ;
   plot pt*coll_date / haxis=axis1 vaxis=axis2 ;
run ;

When I try to increase the "axis2 length=" specification to anything
greater than 7.6 in, I get a notification that the value can't exceed 7.6
in.  What can I do to enable proc gplot output to fill a legal size area
(say vaxis x haxis = 12 in x 6 in) in the SAS/Graph output window?  After
manually reviewing the graph in the SAS/Graph output window, I will be
using the "File -> Export-as" to save the output to emf format.

Thanks for any insights.

-Bill

SAS/Graph: enabling portrait legal-size output in the graph output window

Post by Fuchs, T » Wed, 11 Apr 2001 21:28:57

The limit that you are reaching is from the graphics device that you are
using.  If you need a longer axis, try to find a device in the gdevice
catalog which will fit your needs.  Alternately, you can create a new
gdevice using your current device as a template.

Good luck!

Thomas A. Fuchs
LG&E Service Company

;

[...]

1. SAS/GRAPH output to multiple output destinations - findings

Hi all,
  First of all, thank you very much to Andre Wielki, David Cassell and Kevin
Delaney for their suggestions.  After reading their replies and conducting
several e-mail exchanges with SAS, it looks like our best approach under
v8.2 is to:

1.  Run the SAS/GRAPH proc separately for each output destination.

2.  Investigate ODS DOCUMENT for v9.1 when that becomes available.

A birdie passed along the following, which may be of interest to those
considering similar problems:

  In SAS9.1 you will be able to store SAS/GRAPH graphs in an
ODS Document, and subsequently replay to ODS PDF, RTF, HTML, or
whatever.  The graphs are stored as data, and rendered into
images at replay, which means that the image/applet/activeX control
can be tailored to the ODS destination.  Compare this to
GRSEG catalogs, in which you're stuck dealing with an already
rendered image.  You can render to an image, Java applet or
activeX control.

  SAS9.1 support for SAS/GRAPH graphs with ODS DOCUMENT will be
demoed at SUGI28.

  SAS9.0 supports SAS/GRAPH graphs in ODS Documents, but only as
GRSEGS.  This is more or less equivalent to the less-than-ideal
situation you describe with GREPLAY.

  To learn more about ODS DOCUMENT, see

        http://support.sas.com/rnd/base/topics/odsdocument/

Thanks again for the help,
   Nancy

Nancy Brucken
Development Informatics
Pfizer Global Research & Development, Ann Arbor
(734) 622-5767