1. SAS/GRAPH output to multiple output destinations - findings
First of all, thank you very much to Andre Wielki, David Cassell and Kevin
Delaney for their suggestions. After reading their replies and conducting
several e-mail exchanges with SAS, it looks like our best approach under
v8.2 is to:
1. Run the SAS/GRAPH proc separately for each output destination.
2. Investigate ODS DOCUMENT for v9.1 when that becomes available.
A birdie passed along the following, which may be of interest to those
considering similar problems:
In SAS9.1 you will be able to store SAS/GRAPH graphs in an
ODS Document, and subsequently replay to ODS PDF, RTF, HTML, or
whatever. The graphs are stored as data, and rendered into
images at replay, which means that the image/applet/activeX control
can be tailored to the ODS destination. Compare this to
GRSEG catalogs, in which you're stuck dealing with an already
rendered image. You can render to an image, Java applet or
SAS9.1 support for SAS/GRAPH graphs with ODS DOCUMENT will be
demoed at SUGI28.
SAS9.0 supports SAS/GRAPH graphs in ODS Documents, but only as
GRSEGS. This is more or less equivalent to the less-than-ideal
situation you describe with GREPLAY.
To learn more about ODS DOCUMENT, see
Thanks again for the help,
Pfizer Global Research & Development, Ann Arbor
Unless expressly stated otherwise, this message is confidential and may be privileged. It is intended for the addressee(s) only. Access to this E-mail by anyone else is unauthorized. If you are not an addressee, any disclosure or copying of the contents of this E-mail or any action taken (or not taken) in reliance on it is unauthorized and may be unlawful. If you are not an addressee, please inform the sender immediately.
2. Prices for Easy-CD software?
3. SAS/GRAPH output to multiple output destinations
4. 3D models of european cars
5. How to increase graph output size to several pages?
6. Common Gateway Interface (CGI)
7. SAS GRAPH output as pdf file
8. Q: nested template ctor args
9. SAS/GRAPH output to PDF - damaged file
10. SAS/Graph output to PDF and RTF
11. Permanant storage of SAS/GRAPH-output / WIN98
12. SAS/GRAPH output - CGM or PDF?
13. Resizing SAS-Graph Output