Problem with SAS Opening a file in Excel when the computer is locked in Windows XP

Problem with SAS Opening a file in Excel when the computer is locked in Windows XP

Post by M » Sun, 22 Dec 2002 00:59:52

I am having an issue with SAS's interaction with Excel under Windows
XP.  If I schedule a batch job through the Scheduled Tasks control
panel similar to the following:

options noxsync noxwait missing=' ';

%let L_TMP =C:\1\new_reportingTemplate.xls;

%SYSEXEC "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office10\EXCEL.EXE"
"&L_TMP";

If the computer is locked, then I get a dialog box indicating that
"Not Enough System Resources to Display All."  This keeps the job from
completing because the process waits for a dialog box to be clicked.

I have also attempted to just execute excel in the program and then
follow that with an open statement to open the workbook.  The outcome
is the same.

However, if I run this interactively, I do not get the error.

The computer has 256 MB and the file being opened is only 36k.
Additionally, it is not a file corruption issue because I have created
a new file that is blank and attempted the same process (with the same
result).

Does anyone have a solution to this?

Thank you for your help,

Michael Caldwell