SAS/Access Interface to ODBC or SAS/Access Interface to Oracle

SAS/Access Interface to ODBC or SAS/Access Interface to Oracle

Post by scot » Sat, 27 Apr 2002 01:19:07

Are there any advantages/disadvantages to using ODBC versus ORACLE
when connecting to Oracle Clinical?

Thanks in advance.

1. SAS/Access Interface to ODBC or SAS/Access Interface to Oracl e

 >Are there any advantages/disadvantages to using ODBC versus ORACLE
 >when connecting to Oracle Clinical?
 >
 >Thanks in advance.

I believe that you will find connecting through the ORACLE engine much
faster than connecting through ODBC.  That is what our ORACLE folks found to
be true for our set up here, where we run ORACLE on a Unix box.
YMMV.

Dianne Louise Rhodes
Sr. Systems Analyst
Westat

2. URGENT MISSION too

3. SAS/Base: MS Access link to SAS via SAS/ODBC - pulling SAS co lumn labels

4. WANTED: SCSI kabel scheme

5. SAS/Base: MS Access link to SAS via SAS/ODBC - pulling SAS column labels

6. cdo.dll and attachments' name

7. Sas/Access Interface to ODBC

8. Solution: old configuration

9. SAS/ACCESS to Oracle performance problem, SAS v8.1 , Oracle 8.15 both on Unix

10. SAS/ACCESS to Oracle performance problem, SAS v8.1 , Oracle 8.15 both on Unix -- SOLUTION

11. MSACCESS TO SAS VIA SAS/ACCESS TO ODBC

12. about sas installation on sas access to oracle

13. SAS/ACCESS to Oracle performance problem, SAS v8.1 ,