multiple graphs on one page - SAS graph

Post by Mohan Men » Fri, 27 Jul 2001 05:31:12

Hi all

     Could someone please let me know how to put
multiple graphs on one page.  I have numerous graphs,
one per page (.gif files) and I have to put 2 per
page.  I am aware that using proc greplay would
accomplish the task but I do not know exactly how to
do and I do not have access to graph manuals to refer
to.  I would really appreciate if someone out there
could give me a sample code.  Thanks in advance.

Mohan

http://phonecard.yahoo.com/

multiple graphs on one page - SAS graph

Post by Smith, Curtis, Mr, DC » Fri, 27 Jul 2001 06:00:39

If you are using ODS and creating HTML output I can help you. If so, let me
know and I will send you some ODS code.
     Could someone please let me know how to put
multiple graphs on one page.  I have numerous graphs,
one per page (.gif files) and I have to put 2 per
page.  I am aware that using proc greplay would
accomplish the task but I do not know exactly how to
do and I do not have access to graph manuals to refer
to.  I would really appreciate if someone out there
could give me a sample code.  Thanks in advance.

Mohan

http://phonecard.yahoo.com/

multiple graphs on one page - SAS graph

Post by James Gree » Fri, 27 Jul 2001 21:25:26

Hi I'd like to see the code for this if/when you receive some responses, I
was going to ask something similar only directed perhaps at inserting two
images per work sheet in MS Word or Excel etc.. (or PDF page).

Thanks~!
James

Quote:> Hi all

Post by Gerhard Hellrieg » Fri, 27 Jul 2001 23:07:36

>Hi all

>     Could someone please let me know how to put
>multiple graphs on one page.  I have numerous graphs,
>one per page (.gif files) and I have to put 2 per
>page.  I am aware that using proc greplay would
>accomplish the task but I do not know exactly how to
>do and I do not have access to graph manuals to refer
>to.  I would really appreciate if someone out there
>could give me a sample code.  Thanks in advance.

>Mohan

>http://phonecard.yahoo.com/

For clarification: do we talk about GIF (non-SAS) or do we talk about SAS
GRAPH output? I don't know if SAS GREPLAY is the right tool for dealing
with non SAS graphics, but for SAS GRAPH output it is good! So please tell
us what you are doing!

Post by JP » Fri, 27 Jul 2001 23:41:46

> >Hi all

> >     Could someone please let me know how to put
> >multiple graphs on one page.  I have numerous graphs,
> >one per page (.gif files) and I have to put 2 per
> >page.  I am aware that using proc greplay would
> >accomplish the task but I do not know exactly how to
> >do and I do not have access to graph manuals to refer
> >to.  I would really appreciate if someone out there
> >could give me a sample code.  Thanks in advance.

> >Mohan

> >Make international calls for as low as $.04/minute with Yahoo! Messenger
> >http://phonecard.yahoo.com/

> For clarification: do we talk about GIF (non-SAS) or do we talk about SAS
> GRAPH output? I don't know if SAS GREPLAY is the right tool for dealing
> with non SAS graphics, but for SAS GRAPH output it is good! So please tell
> us what you are doing!

It works for both: using GRAPH and then GREPLAY, you get a new graph object,
that you can export as a .GIF file, exaclty as you can with GRAPH.
I have used it few times. I then exported to GIF manually (I should say:
menually). Is there any code that could directly transform/export a GRAPH as
a .GIF file?

Oops re-read you question. You are right, not too clear. here is some code
if he needs it:

%MACRO logpred(donnee,y,x,titre);
        TITLE;FOOTNOTE;
        PROC LOGISTIC DATA = &donnee DESCENDING;
                MODEL &y = &x
                      /RISKLIMITS ALPHA = 0.05 SELECTION = STEPWISE
                                               SLSTAY  = .05
                                               SLENTRY = .30
                                                ;
                OUTPUT OUT = pred pred = predprob;
                TITLE1 &titre;
        RUN;
        PROC SORT DATA = pred;
         BY &y;
        RUN;

    Goptions reset=(axis, legend, pattern, symbol, title, footnote) norotate
    hpos=0 vpos=0 htext= ftext= ctext= target= gaccess= gsfmode=
    ftext=swissb htitle=2 htext=3;
    Goptions Device=WIN  ctext=blue
    graphrc interpol=join;
    Goptions Htext=3.75 gsfmode=replace display GOUTMODE = REPLACE;

    ** Definitions des templates;

    Proc Greplay Nofs;
    Tc Templt;
    tdef v1x2 des='2 graphes sur une page'
    1/LLX=0 LLY=52.5
    ULX=0 ULY=100
    URX=100 URY=100
    LRX=100 LRY=52.5
    COLOR = White

    2/LLX=0 LLY=0
    ULX=0 ULY=47.5
    URX=100 URY=47.5
    LRX=100 LRY=0
    COLOR = White;
    END;
    RUN;

    GOPTIONS GUNIT = PCT FTEXT=SWISSB HTEXT=3.75;

    PROC GCHART DATA = pred GOUT = g1;
      TITLE2 &titre;
      FOOTNOTE1 '       Probabite predite de:' &y;
      VBAR predprob /TYPE = PCT NAME='predp' FRAME
           MIDPOINTS = 0 0.05 0.15 0.25 0.35 0.45 0.55 0.65 0.75 0.85 0.95
1;
      BY &y;
      PATTERN VALUE = E;
    RUN;QUIT;

    PROC GREPLAY IGOUT=g1 TC=templt NOFS TEMPLATE=v1x2 GOUT=g2;
     TREPLAY 1: predp
             2: predp1;
     Quit;
    TITLE;FOOTNOTE;
    %MEND;

%logpred (mad6
         ,  mad56
         ,  femme
             prim_nc
             ageq85 ageq75

             mauv_san moy_sant
             insatis moysatis satisfai
             spmsq
             avq_inca avq_aide
             dinc_int dinc_ext daid_int daid_ext dinc_trv
          , 'MAD56 = BIN(SIG(SOCIO-DEMO-ECO)) + BIN(SIG(SANTE))');

JP

Post by Michael Friend » Sat, 28 Jul 2001 00:16:47

|>      Could someone please let me know how to put
|> multiple graphs on one page.  I have numerous graphs,
|> one per page (.gif files) and I have to put 2 per
|> page.  I am aware that using proc greplay would
|> accomplish the task but I do not know exactly how to
|> do and I do not have access to graph manuals to refer
|> to.  I would really appreciate if someone out there
|> could give me a sample code.  Thanks in advance.

The %panels macro, from Visualizing Categorical Data,
does this for you, for any rectangular layout of graphs.

  *     Doc: http://www.math.yorku.ca/SCS/vcd/panels.html             *

--

Psychology Dept
York University      Voice: 416 736-5115 x66249 Fax: 416 736-5814

multiple graphs on one page - SAS graph

Post by Gerhard Hellrieg » Sat, 28 Jul 2001 00:46:10

On Thu, 26 Jul 2001 15:16:47 +0000, Michael Friendly

>|>      Could someone please let me know how to put
>|> multiple graphs on one page.  I have numerous graphs,
>|> one per page (.gif files) and I have to put 2 per
>|> page.  I am aware that using proc greplay would
>|> accomplish the task but I do not know exactly how to
>|> do and I do not have access to graph manuals to refer
>|> to.  I would really appreciate if someone out there
>|> could give me a sample code.  Thanks in advance.

>The %panels macro, from Visualizing Categorical Data,
>does this for you, for any rectangular layout of graphs.

>  *     Doc: http://www.math.yorku.ca/SCS/vcd/panels.html             *

>--

>Psychology Dept
>York University      Voice: 416 736-5115 x66249 Fax: 416 736-5814
>4700 Keele Street    http://www.math.yorku.ca/SCS/friendly.html
>Toronto, ONT  M3J 1P3 CANADA

Nice, but that works on SAS-GRAPHs in a SAS catalog! As I understand the
graphs are .GIF files !!!???

multiple graphs on one page - SAS graph

Post by Huang, » Sat, 28 Jul 2001 01:03:30

Gerhard is right, I was thinking about to ask you the
same question. If you already have 'GIF' file, you probably
just need to insert them (with a frame) into a WORD file,
so that you can adjust the size of the graphs, you can
put as many as possible graphs in one page if they are
not too small to see.

If you really want to combine two gif file, you can use
some graphic edit software, such as Photoshop, Paintshop etc.,
there are tons of freeware in the net you can download too.

If you want to combine the graph before they are converted
to gif format, proc replay is obviously the way to go.

I am not very good at AF, but I believe it would be not
very hard to write some AF code that generate a frame with
two graph object in it, then automatically pull in the
gif files.

Regards,

Ya Huang

Quote:> Yahoo! Messenger
> >http://phonecard.yahoo.com/

> For clarification: do we talk about GIF (non-SAS) or do we
> talk about SAS
> GRAPH output? I don't know if SAS GREPLAY is the right tool
> for dealing
> with non SAS graphics, but for SAS GRAPH output it is good!
> So please tell
> us what you are doing!

multiple graphs on one page - SAS graph

Post by Gerhard Hellrieg » Sat, 28 Jul 2001 07:59:20

Hallo Ya,

Thursday, July 26, 2001, 6:03:30 PM, deine Nachricht:

HY> Gerhard is right, I was thinking about to ask you the
HY> same question. If you already have 'GIF' file, you probably
HY> just need to insert them (with a frame) into a WORD file,
HY> so that you can adjust the size of the graphs, you can
HY> put as many as possible graphs in one page if they are
HY> not too small to see.

HY> If you really want to combine two gif file, you can use
HY> some graphic edit software, such as Photoshop, Paintshop etc.,
HY> there are tons of freeware in the net you can download too.

HY> If you want to combine the graph before they are converted
HY> to gif format, proc replay is obviously the way to go.

HY> I am not very good at AF, but I believe it would be not
HY> very hard to write some AF code that generate a frame with
HY> two graph object in it, then automatically pull in the
HY> gif files.

HY> Regards,

HY> Ya Huang

Quote:>> Yahoo! Messenger
>> >http://phonecard.yahoo.com/

>> For clarification: do we talk about GIF (non-SAS) or do we
>> talk about SAS
>> GRAPH output? I don't know if SAS GREPLAY is the right tool
>> for dealing
>> with non SAS graphics, but for SAS GRAPH output it is good!
>> So please tell
>> us what you are doing!

The freeware tip is good! I just read of one which is optimizing the
page layout for the printer, so all GIFs are fit to the page optimal
so save ressources (paper, sometimes expensive if you use glossy photo
paper..).

In AF it is easy to bring the graphs to the screen, but not easy to
bring it to a printer (maybe a screenshot, but that is not good
quality and may need other tools...). This is not the right way for
.GIFs. Much better is WORD or Paintshop Pro which has a utility in
V7.0 to bring more than one graph (in formats GIF, PSP, JPG, and many
more...) on a output page. I think many other tools also...

--
Viele Gr?e,