How do you create graphic output files (gif) during "by processing" in version 6.12

How do you create graphic output files (gif) during "by processing" in version 6.12

Post by Bill Kream » Sun, 11 Nov 2001 02:59:35

Hi Folks,

I'm sure this question has been asked before, but I haven't been able to
find it in the archives.  Please excuse me for asking again.

I would like to create a series of gif (or any other graphics format) files
on a floppy (or sub-directory on my hard drive).  I am still using SAS
version 6.12 TSO 020.  If I am only generating 1 plot, the following code
works fine:

filename outfile 'a:\plots\test.gif';
goptions gsfname=outfile dev=gif GSFMODE=replace;

proc gplot data=one;
  title 'Single Plot';
  plot y*x;
run;
goptions reset=goptions;

However, I would like to create several plots using "by processing".  I
looked at the SAS version 8.0 online documentation. It looks like the
following code would create a series of plots (gplot1.gif, gplot2.gif,
gplot3.gif, ect) on the floppy in SAS version 8:

filename outfile 'a:\plot\';
goptions gsfname=outfile dev=gif GSFMODE=replace;

proc gplot data=one;
  title 'original series';
  plot y*x;
  by subjid;
run;
goptions reset=goptions;

But it doesn't work in version 6.12.  I also tried using the libname statement:

libname outfile 'a:\plot\';
goptions gsfname=outfile dev=gif GSFMODE=replace;

proc gplot data=one;
  title 'original series';
  plot y*x;
  by subjid;
run;
goptions reset=goptions;

Thus didn't work either.  Do I have to use a different goption than
"gsfname" to specify the library?

How can I do this operation in version 6.12?  (I have been doing this in
"interative mode" by exporting each individual graph, but I would like to
do the same thing in batch mode).

Thanks again,

Bill