SAS/GRAPH: Convert .gsf graph files to PDF or Postscript

SAS/GRAPH: Convert .gsf graph files to PDF or Postscript

Post by Robert Abels » Wed, 29 Jan 2003 00:17:04

I have a lot of graphs (30 total) that are produced in SAS/GRAPH as .gsf
files. The great thing about this is that we can concatenate them into one
file. However, our client has requested that we email them and they don't
want .gsf files. How do I convert my one big .gsf file into a PDF or
Postscript file?

Bob Abelson
KAI
6001 Montrose Rd.
Suite 920
Rockville, MD 20852
T: 301-770-2730
F: 301-770-4183

"The free market is ugly and stupid, like going to the mall; the unfree
market is just as ugly and just as stupid, except there is nothing in the
mall and if you don't go there they shoot you."
- P.J. O'Rourke

SAS/GRAPH: Convert .gsf graph files to PDF or Postscript

Post by Rodney Sparapan » Wed, 29 Jan 2003 04:26:44

Bob:

Maybe PROC GIMPORT can do that.

--
Rodney Sparapani              Medical College of Wisconsin
Sr. Biostatistician           Patient Care & Outcomes Research

Was 'Name That Tune' rigged?  WWLD -- What Would Lombardi Do

1. SAS/Graph & ODS .. Higher Resolution Graphs??

System: SAS 8.2 on UNIX (Solaris)

I produce multiple reports that are served to the Web on a monthly basis to
an international community.  Many are produced using ODS writing to HTML
and/or RTF files.  Quality is acceptable, except when it comes to graphs.
Have in the past used the Postscript device, but favor embedding the graphs
either into the HTML or RTF files.  Unfortunately, I'm forced to use a bit
mapped device (i.e. GIF, PNG, TIF, JPEG, etc.).  The default size of the
graphs are acceptable.  However, the resolution leaves much to be desired
(fonts unreadable, lines and symbols aren't smooth).  Is there a way to keep
the size of the graph the same, but increase the number of dots per inch??
(I've determined that it's possible to increase the number of pixels .. but
that in turn increases the size of the graph .. thus creating a graph that's
unreadable/unprintable due to cropping).  This is a production environment
and I don't have the time to 'resize' multiple graphs each run.

Should note that the desire is for the users to be able to right click on
the graphs and be able to cut-n-paste them into applications such as Word
and PowerPoint (thus PostScript and PDF aren't ideal).  ActiveX and Java
were considered but they require that the users have access to the
respective SAS drivers.

Thoughts? Ideas?

***************************************
David Cuthbertson, M.S.
Biostatistician/Associate in Biostatistics
Moffitt Cancer Center at the
University of South Florida
12902 Magnolia Drive
Tampa, FL 33612
desk:  (813) 632-1326
fax:  (813) 632-1334

***************************************

This transmission may be confidential or protected from disclosure and
is only for review and use by the intended recipient. Access by
anyone else is unauthorized. Any unauthorized reader is hereby
notified that any review, use, dissemination, disclosure or copying of
this information, or any act or omission taken in reliance on it, is
prohibited and may be unlawful. If you received this transmission in
error, please notify the sender immediately.  Thank you.

2. Updated ToDo PLUS

3. HTML pages (from SAS/GRAPH to ODS) don't show graphs

4. Font identificaition

5. multiple graphs on one page - SAS graph

6. Intel 28F400 drivers for VxWorks?

7. SAS/Graph: enabling portrait legal-size output in the graph output window

8. Japanese Controller

9. PDF file created by SAS/GRAPH

10. SAS GRAPH output as pdf file

11. SAS/GRAPH output to PDF - damaged file

12. Converting Excel Graphs to SAS