The data set WORK.xx may be incomplete...was not replaced

The data set WORK.xx may be incomplete...was not replaced

Post by Vincent Girar » Fri, 15 Mar 2002 01:52:40

Dear SAS-ler,
I run V8.01 and, sometime (!),  got the <The data set .... may be
incomplete> message for any data step after an  successfully terminated IML
procedure, even when the data sets are not issued from the IML
procedure.When this happened, I tried the replace=yes option without any
luck. Suppose data set WORK.A was the last used data set, doing PROC SORT
OUT=A, will generate the above message and A will not be replaced. If I quit
SAS and restart a new session, the problem disappear. Did IML  is relevant
in explaining that? Any explanation other than a V8.01 bug?
Vincent

1. Why am I getting this warning "dataset may be incomplete" ?

Hello
Very strange... I have been running this program for years
and all of a sudden I get the following warning:

" WARNING: The data set WORK.ONE may be incomplete.  "

I'm doing the simplest of infile/input steps and can't for the life of
me figure out what SAS is complaining about! There are indeed 309,303
observations in the dataset so it's not as if the program is crashing
before it's done.

Does anyone out there know what SAS is trying to tell me? Here's the
log. Thanks!

68   data one;
69   infile 'e:\acg2002\outbasea.txt' lrecl=55  pad;
70   input
71   strictzn 1-10
72   age    11-13
73   sex       14
74   adg1      15
75   adg2      16
76   adg3      17
77   adg4      18
78   adg5      19
79   adg6      20
80   adg7      21
81   adg8      22
82   adg9      23
83   adg10     24
84   adg11     25
85   adg12     26
86   adg13     27
87   adg14     28
88   adg15     29
89   adg16     30
90   adg17     31
91   adg18     32
92   adg19     33
93   adg20     34
94   adg21     35
95   adg22     36
96   adg23     37
97   adg24     38
98   adg25     39
99   adg26     40
100  adg27     41
101  adg28     42
102  adg29     43
103  adg30     44
104  adg31     45
105  adg32     46
106  adg33     47
107  adg34     48
108  acg       49-52
109  pre       53
110  del       54
111  low       55;
112  run;

NOTE: The infile 'e:\acg2002\outbasea.txt' is:
      File Name=e:\acg2002\outbasea.txt,
      RECFM=V,LRECL=55

NOTE: 309303 records were read from the infile
'e:\acg2002\outbasea.txt'.
      The minimum record length was 55.
      The maximum record length was 55.
WARNING: The data set WORK.ONE may be incomplete.  When this step was
stopped there were 309303 observations and 41
         variables.
WARNING: Data set WORK.ONE was not replaced because this step was
stopped.
NOTE: DATA statement used:
      real time           9.54 seconds
      cpu time            5.85 seconds

2. Citrix Metaframe

3. AM Radio Card for a PC (yes, AM not FM)

4. Licensing

5. I am picked for xbox live and I am from brooklyn new york

6. Outlook trouble?

7. I-AM I-AM From Pope Bass

8. Filestreams and HotSync

9. I-Am I-AM "The Reverend Robert L. Bass "

10. Meet Robert L Bass - I AM - I AM

11. I am Offline when I am online...

12. AM - 65/AM-75

13. Context menu does not work when I am browsing network nabourhood folders