Access "Description" imported to the SAS "Label" -- How?

Access "Description" imported to the SAS "Label" -- How?

Post by Bria » Fri, 04 Oct 2002 05:07:52

Hello All,

Access "Description"  becomes the SAS "Label"?

Basically the problem is: I am trying to import a table from MS Access
2000 to SaS Ver8.2 and have Access "Field Name" correspond with the
SAS
"NAME" and the Access "Description"  become the SAS "Label"

Currently when I try to import into SAS from access it fills in the
Access "Field Name" for both the SAS "Name" and the "Label".  Below is
the code generated from SAS pull down windows:

PROC IMPORT OUT= FEAS02.feaSurv
            DATATABLE= "data"
            DBMS=ACCESS2000 REPLACE;
     DATABASE="D:\OIAWorking\FEOAS\feas01_02\fac_eval_admins.mdb";
RUN;

Do you know of anyway to have SAS import a table from MS Access 2000
to SaS Ver8.2 and have Access "Field Name" correspond with the SAS
"NAME" and the Access "Description"  become the SAS "Label"?  Is there
some example code that someone would share with me?  Otherwise I'm
looking at hours of typing in Lables.

Thanks,
Brian