cpm to ascii and recovery

Post by Jack Cammel » Fri, 10 Sep 1999 04:00:00

Try DU, DUU, DU78 or one of the variants.
Jack

> I need a program to translate cpm files to ascii.
> The most important disk's fat is curropted, so I need to read everything to an
> ascii file bypassing the fat.

> Please reply by e-mail.

> Thanks.

cpm to ascii and recovery

Post by Richard Erlach » Fri, 10 Sep 1999 04:00:00

If you're talking CP/M-80, there's no FAT.  There's a directory, the
format and layout of which is clearly described in many available
sources.  There are utilities which allow direct editing of a
diskette, and I'd suggest you try a few of them once you've learned
how and where the directory lies on the diskettes in question.

Dick

Quote:

>I need a program to translate cpm files to ascii.
>The most important disk's fat is curropted, so I need to read everything to an
>ascii file bypassing the fat.

>Please reply by e-mail.

>Thanks.

1. COMARTs (was: Transfer ASCII files from cpm to DOS)

Comart was a UK company that made S100 based machines. I have several of
their boxes. The early CP/M Z80 based boxes used hard sectored 5 1/4 in
disks and were very similar to early Northstars I believe.

Later models added a floppy controller that would do soft sectored disks
(I have a 22DISK definition for such if anyone is interested) as well as
hard sectored - the controller sorted out on fly what was in the drive.
There was an option for a 5 or 20 Mbyte hard disk (using a zebec controller
and their own S100 bus card).

I believe all sorts of version came out after the basic CP/M box.
Multi-user boxes, 8086 based cards etc. I don't have any knowledge of
these later boxes - though a department here at Leeds University
still has one of these later Comart boxes running - I don't know the
specification.

If anyone wnats to know more I may be able to help - I have most
CP/M and early card docs, and I have the config. and versious boot disks
for CP/M 2.2

Cheers
Jim Jackson
School of Computer Studies
University of Leeds

2. ******TV Adaptor*******

3. Transfer ASCII files from cpm to DOS

4. fstream an image

5. Convert Unix ASCII file to DOS ASCII file?

6. epson stylus II and windows 2000

7. Converting Unix ASCII file to DOS / OS/2 ASCII file

8. Where Are the Dot-Commands Stored?

9. C128/CPM FILES ON GCR FORMAT TO CPM MFM FORMAT

10. INFO-CPM Digest V92 #78 (Re: CPM boot disk for NEC 8801 wanted)

11. I want to convert Kaypro I cpm data to msdos or Apple Z80 cpm

12. Wanted: Mods to Helge's CPM for CPM 2.*

13. net.micro.cpm is being renamed comp.os.cpm