PCW Disk to CPC Disk

Post by Stefan G. Farnel » Thu, 09 Apr 1998 04:00:00

I have got a PCW9512 disk with dbase on it.
I have 2 questions:
1st. Does anyone know if this copy of dbase will function on a CPC6128?
2nd. If so, how do I get it off the PCW disk to the CPC disk.

I have to admit I haven't actually got the PCW any more.
The disk is actually double sided but when I put it in my CPC I get:

CP/M Error on A: Invalid Drive
BDOS Function = 17 File = ????????.???

Some out there who has a PCW9512 and a CPC6128 would be ideal.

Here's hopin' - Stefan
--
Stefan G. Farnell

PCW Disk to CPC Disk

Post by Andrew Munkre » Sat, 11 Apr 1998 04:00:00

> Some out there who has a PCW9512 and a CPC6128 would be ideal.

You're unlikely to find them in this group as CPCs are in the minority of
CP/M machines.  Try posting to comp.sys.amstrad.8bit instead.

PCW Disk to CPC Disk

Post by Stefan G. Farnel » Mon, 13 Apr 1998 04:00:00

writes

>> Some out there who has a PCW9512 and a CPC6128 would be ideal.

>You're unlikely to find them in this group as CPCs are in the minority of
>CP/M machines.  Try posting to comp.sys.amstrad.8bit instead.

Oki Doki Andrew.
Byee - Stefan
--
Stefan G. Farnell

1. Accessing PCW discs on a CPC in CP/M

I have been having trouble for a while in trying to get my Amstrad CPC 464
running CP/M+ to read Amstrad PCW double-sided double-density 80 track
discs in the 3.5" B drive.  Actually, the reading is no problem, but when
writing the CPC seems to think that the 5th physical sector onwards are
not part of the directory (the 5th to 16th should be).  I have checked the
DPB, and I have set up AL0,AL1 correctly.

Has anyone succeeded in reading and writing to PCW 720k discs from CP/M+
running on a CPC?  I know it is easy to do for PCW 173k discs.

I am prepared to do some more investigation, and I have been looking
through the CP/M+ system guide from the CP/M web site.  In this it
mentions at one point that a banked CP/M+ system must use 2-bit allocation
vectors, rather than 1-bit.  As far as I can tell, the CPC implementation
is using 1-bit allocation vectors, yet is a banked system.  Any comments?!

In the mean time, back to the disassembler....

Matthew Phillips
WACCI on WWW - http://users.ox.ac.uk/~chri0264/wowww.html
           The UK's only monthly CPC magazine
             The UK's biggest CPC user club

2. NTFS from FAt 32????

3. disk image of PCW CP/M Disk

4. WD / IBM 3.5" 300+MB disk drive

5. CPM disc images for Amstrad CPC

6. Hit counter in FP98 sticks when tables on page

7. CPC disks on the PC?

8. Video Key Power Supply

9. cpc disk format

10. Disk Drive on AMSTRAD CPC 6128

11. Disk Drive for Amstrad PCW

12. AMSTRAD PCW 8256 BOOT DISK

13. Amstrad PCW 8512 disks, can they be transferred to a PC/Linux