Wanted: Osborne boot disk image (and disks/manuals?)

Wanted: Osborne boot disk image (and disks/manuals?)

Post by David Eva » Fri, 15 Sep 1995 04:00:00

  Hi, all.
  I just got an Osborne 1 in nerely perfect condition (some crapola on the case
to clean off--nothing major.)  However, no disks or manuals.  My CP/M
experience is limited to puttering about with a Commodore 128 with just the
supplied system disk and a single 1571.  Ugh!  No manuals there either...
  I grabbed 22disk and TeleDisk from Oak, so I gather I'm all set to format and
write floppies on a PC.  Thing is, I don't have any images.  Could someone
possibly email me a uuencoded boot disk image?  I'd be grateful.
  ALso, if anyone has manuals/original system disks that they'd like to seel
I'd be interested.  I assume the $9 offer from California Digital listed in
the FAQ is still on?  That might be worthwhile too....
  Thanks muchly in advance.

--

Computer/Synth Junkie                      http://bbcr.uwaterloo.ca/~dfevans/
University of Waterloo         "Default is the value selected by the composer

Post by Paul Leonar » Sat, 16 Sep 1995 04:00:00

  > I just got an Osborne 1 in nerely perfect condition . . .
  > . . . However, no disks or manuals.
  > Could someone possibly email me a uuencoded boot disk image?

  I don't have a way to get an image of a boot floppy into a file
  but I can create a boot floppy and send it to you if you provide
  me with your mailing address.

  Manuals are a whole 'nuther thing. The manuals a big thing to copy
  but I could probably copy the important stuff and send that along
  as well.

 /      San Jose, CA   95112     /   CompuServe: 72477,774                /

1. Boot disk for Osborne 1 wanted

I just got an Osborne 1, and I need a disk for it.  Is there anywhere I
can get a disk image I can write out on a IBM PC clone?  I don't know
much about the machine.  It says on powerup:

        OSBORNE 1
Rev 1.44 (c) 1983 OCC

Insert disk in Drive A and press RETURN.

I looked through the cpm archive on oak.oakland.edu, and I didn't see
anything that I could use to make a system disk.  I would like to get
this working, so any pointers will be appreciated!
--

           Home page: http://ec119.residence.gatech.edu/~chris
                Abandon all hope, ye who PRESS ENTER here.

2. New 3D Mechanical CAD S/W Solid Edge is the best one!!

3. Osborne Executive, need the cpm plus disk, and specs - manual

4. Centrex low cost VM/AA?

5. Osborne 1 manual and disks

6. SetTimer max. time?

7. LOADDSKF - for creating disks from disk images

8. ActiveStink fails on first sync

9. Need disk image for OS/2 Warp 3.0 (red box) - Display Driver disk 4

10. Osborne Vixen System Disk Wanted

11. HELP: OSBORNE Computer Bootup Disk Wanted...

12. how do i make disk images of microbee disks

13. disk image of PCW CP/M Disk